Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can find a Mazda license plate frame? "Mazda Speed" will suffice too, chrome preferably. Someone had a link to an page with aftermarket type Mazda accessories but for the life of me I can't remember what the webpage is.:sarc

·
Registered
543 Posts
Reading Topic: License Plate Frame?

Anyone have ZOOM-ZOOM decals or anything like that? Of different sizes? Kinda like Ruefus made to put on those lower rear bumper reflectors of his. I'd like to do the same, and maybe put a ZOOM-ZOOM along the top of the back window or something.

I DO like those frames in your link, heckler. I'll probably get a stainless steel one. :) It'll go with the chrome accents on the car.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Replying to Topic 'License Plate Frame?'

Marla -

Three suggestions. Send a message to Mazda customer service and ask them for some decals. Mazda sent me mine.

Second - Do a search on Ebay for zoom zoom Mazda. Lots of people are selling various decals - some in different colors.

Third - Find the local automotive graphics company. They can cut you any size decal, in any color you want. The local sound/alarm/speed shop will either do it or know who does.

And I bought the AutoExpressions license frames in black - a zoom-zoom on the front, plain on the back. Nice frames. Pricey, but nice. Get the dealer to give you some plastic screws - they never rust and mate right up to the holes in the 6.

·
Registered
543 Posts

Thanks! Got an email in to Mazda. :) Will check eBay. :)
We don't need front license plates - just back ones. I'll just get the one plate from for the back, to go around my personalized plate I'll be getting. :D

Question for you, Ruefus....when you did the decal thing to your rear reflectors, did those go on the OUTSIDE of the lens, or did you remove the lens and put them on the inside surface? If on the outside, how do they stay stuck on, in all kinds of weather and elements, etc.?

·
Registered
526 Posts

Marla - I put them on the outside. The reflectors are one-piece, and I'm not one to take things apart unless I need to.

I've been in snow, rain and the spray washer - no issues. The fact they're recessed helps. Just clean the surface with some alcohol and make sure the decal is rubbed on nice and good before pulling the carrier off. No worries.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts