Mazda 6 Forums banner

1421 - 1440 of 1443 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Purchased my M6 Touring in July 2014. Located in flyover country...St. Louis, MO.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Traded my 06 GG Mazda 6 Classic here in Australia for a new 2015 facelift GJ Sport Wagon
Absolutely loving my new baby

·
Registered
779 Posts
Progress so far .. I plasti-dipped the rim's because I wasn't sure about the black before I buy some rims :) Now I am all about the black color.

Tanabe NF-210

The only issue is that the ride is very rough - and there is something wobbling, shifting, swimming, swaying .. I don't know how describe it.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
2005 Pebble ash checking in from Harrisburg Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Percentage wise, we're here in the fastest growing city in the United States. St George Utah in the very South Western corner of Utah. We're 100 miles North of Las Vegas right up the I-15 Interstate.

This 2018 Signature is the Wife's 3rd Mazda. They have all been exceptional. One of the reasons we stay with Mazda. If you find yourself in the area give us a shout, especially if you brought your golf clubs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently purchased a used 2013 M6 Atenza diesel with 35k km on the clock. The first of the new KODO design M6 was actually marketed here is Australia a year earlier than the US!

The original owner said that he'd purchased the car, a demo model in September 2015 with 2k km on it. So this car which was built in September 2013, had been with the dealer, unsold all thru the first KODO M6 release in 2013 and remained unsold when the 2014 model and possibly even the 2015 model, the first of the HUD-equipped M6, was released here. The original purchaser must have got a great deal!

My wife and I travelled quite a distance to collect this car and took a leisurely three days to drive it home, the long way, clocking up over 1300 km in the process.

Seven weeks and 6k km later I'm very happy with this car. Having all that torque on tap is a real bonus on the open road. It cruises at 110 kph, the freeway limit here in Australia, at around 2000 rpm so right at the sweet spot, making overtaking at highway speeds a breeze. Using the paddles to drop it down a cog or two really makes it hustle but it runs out of puff a tad too early for my liking. You can't have everything I guess but I'm happy with the on tap torque and fuel efficiency (5.7 lt per 100k so far). Like Meatloaf said, "Two out of three ain't bad".

This is not my first experience with Mazda. I owned a 1984 model 626 coupe for a few years. Most comfortable car I've ever owned with a seat which adjusted, albeit manually, every which way, including the side bolsters. With only a 2lt carburetted four it was no rocket ship but the 5 speed manual gearbox made it a reasonable drive. Mazda released this model here with either power steering or A/C in the belief, probably well justified, that the motor didn't have enough grunt to drive both. My car had A/C but it was literally a pain to park.

In the mid 90s, following short ownerships of a couple of other marques, I acquired what was marketed here in Australia as a Ford Telstar, essentially a Mazda 626 with a Ford badge. This car, a 1994 model, had a 2.5 lt quad cam V6, a great motor that loved to rev but it was unfortunately mated to a not so great 4 speed auto. Nice car tho. After a few years of ownership I did a deal with a mate who was trading his two year old 1996 model Mazda 626 on an Audi A4. We swapped cars: he traded my Telstar on the new Audi; and I took his 626 and paid him the difference in trade values offered by the dealer. I got a very good deal and he paid the same changeover on the Audi. The 626 was a couple of years younger than the Telstar, had significantly lower mileage and had the same 2.5 lt quad cam but this time mated to a very slick 6 speed MT. That thing went like a scolded cat!

Forays into a few other vehicles including a Honda and a couple of Hyundai SUVS followed and now I'm happy to be back in a 6.

Our other ride is a 2008 NC PRHT Miata. I hope the 6 turns out to be as reliable!

·
Registered
27 Posts
2011 Mazda 6 GT V6 purchased February 2011 in Puyallup, WA. 28 miles on the odometer. Catastrophic engine failure in August, 2018. Dead in my driveway now. (sad)

2017.5 Mazda 6 GT purchased September 2018 in Renton, WA. About 2200 miles on the odometer. they sold it to me as a "used" car but I got a Certificate of Origin in the mail, not a title, so I am the first owner. I paid used car pricing and also drove a hard bargain. Big difference in performance between these two vehicles and I miss my old car.

I live in Portland, Oregon.

1421 - 1440 of 1443 Posts