Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is whats quoted in the Coilover FAQ:

"Engineered for street and occasional track use, H&R Coil-Overs feature a fully-threaded shock body (not an imitation sleeve-over) that allows you to precisely dial in height adjustment to achieve optimum weight transfer, or simply get the aggressive look you've been looking for. Featuring H&R's exclusive dynamic damper technology, each shock is engineered to work in harmony with a progressive-rate spring, together creating a finely-tuned suspension system."

So does anyone have these? Anyone had H&R's coilovers before on another application? I know they make a quality spring for us but why no info on this board about their coilovers.

furthermore, an ebay auction comes along every couple of months for these i have noticed

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

do these look trustworthy? are they worth the money? when it comes to ride quality, comfort and adjustability for your suspension, i have come to grips that it will get costly but you get what you pay for right?

any insight would be helpful if these could be sufficient for an everyday driving application.

·
Registered
810 Posts
someone would say progressive springs = no no

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Who would say that? :p

The picture seems to show the actual product, and those springs don't look very progressive at all. If the progression is very minor, than its bad effects are also very minor to the point of being ignorable.

Some Australian guy tried and loved H&R coilovers, but they seemed to be a totally different product than what we get in the states. I don't know anyone who has tried them stateside. He also paid a whole lot more. That $1000 price is way below Tire Rack- it's a good deal.

Try these at your own risk, but there's nothing I see that really puts me off about them. You might consider moving to KW Variant 2's to gain adjustability, but that costs money. Also consider Koni shocks with Racing Beat springs- the value there in unbeatable, and they too are adjustable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Stretch
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing