Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 650 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard or had any dealing with Supershyguy, received a email:

Supershyguy: Just wondering if you guys would be interested in the GV Replica lip.
not sure if you guys have see my post on Toronto Mazda 3 forums. but as over 30 members can tell you. the fitment is perfect. 100% match.

My reply: Hi I received an e-mail on the GV Front Lip, I don't have a Mazda3 I have a MazdaSpeed6. I know that a front lip for Speed6 and the Mazda6 would have a lot of interest in having a lip produced.

Supershyguy: hey buddy. is there a lip that everyone wants that I should make? you can tell them
that I am the guy that made the perfect fit Mazda 3 lip.

He asked so what do you think?

Here is a link to his M3 lip:
Mazda3 lip

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
am i the only one who gets confused on why to pay 200-300 for a lip when a full bumper replacement can be had for the same or 100 more?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
ehh..... save 100 bucks for yer next mod ;)
also painting is more expensive, but thats a lame excuse. Sometimes it just looks better.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like it. To bad its made of fiberglass.
[/b]
Just about everything aftermarket will be fiber glass

tell him to replicate the black racing lip again, it would get alot of interest!
[/b]
Yeah, that lip sold like hot cakes and I don't think to many buyers had any problems with it.

we had chances to get 2 different lips made but both fell thru, so what is going to make this any different??...

dont mind me just mad that the Valiant lip fell thru....
[/b]
I agree, what will make this any different? For one on the Valiant spoiler the interest was big but the demand in the end was very small, so I think with this we should stay in a reasonable target. See what spoiler that can be made and keep in the 10 – 15 to be made and if more wants to join in that will be great if not at least the target has been met.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
i think the problem, for me anyways, is that people simply are not able/do not want to put up money for a product they suddenly see in a thread. some people, like me, like to scope out and explore their options and the pricing first. thats why i think the interest is high but the demand is so low. if these lips were made first and placed in a "store", they probably will eventually sell but slowly.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Ask him about the valiant lip, the price for that one skyrocketed and that is why many backed out, myself included.

·
Registered
196 Posts
i think the problem, for me anyways, is that people simply are not able/do not want to put up money for a product they suddenly see in a thread. some people, like me, like to scope out and explore their options and the pricing first. thats why i think the interest is high but the demand is so low. if these lips were made first and placed in a "store", they probably will eventually sell but slowly.
[/b]
i agree. its hard to just jump in all of a sudden when the people expect you to. i liked the valiant lip and would have eventually bought one, but i just couldn't jump when they said.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Okay I've personally had enough of the fiberglass issue.

You guys act like fiberglass is the devil, it really isn't that bad. It's easily repairable if it gets damaged unlike urethane. I've never had any problems with my kit yet, and guess what? It's fiberglass. A urethane lip would most likely be out of the price range for the majority on these boards, yet everyone begs for it. If you think a fiberglass lip for $300 (just a round estimate) is expensive, you'll never pay for the cost of a urethane lip.

Anyway, he should make a replica of the Valiant lip or Black Racing.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
That looks pretty nice.. and from Canada to boot! (no custom taxes!) I wonder what the price range would be considering that lip for the 3 is pretty cheap. And would he need a deposit and how many would he need? Deja vous?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Valaint and the Black Racing I'll send pictures to him and go from there.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I suppose I will keep an eye on this aswell, in hopes of someday getting a lip!! :love:

·
Registered
244 Posts
I want a MS6 lip =/

·
Registered
285 Posts
got a reply from him now

Supershyguy:
wow that looks sick. do you know how many people will buy that if I make them at $200 Canadian each?

and I really need one of those lips. where can I get one? even used would be okay

there you go~

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
If he can make something like that for around $200 CAD I'm sure a lot of us would be in! I'd be down like white on rice! :)

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I want a MS6 lip =/
[/b]
+1

If there is instrest in the BR Lip lets hope that one can be found to replicate. I know he won't have a hard time finding a M6 in Canada for fitting. :D

1 - 20 of 650 Posts