Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys. Here I go again talking about the "m-word"... MEET!

So, who's up for a pow-wow? Somewhere nice and scenic? Maybe a cruise before-hand?

Or... just find a parking lot somewhere and chill for an hour or so?

Lets hear some ideas on when and where.

·
Registered
542 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
MMMMm wings

·
Registered
392 Posts
Sounds good. Set a date and time and I can tell you if I can make it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Wednesday Sept. 6th, 13th, 20th or 27th. Pick a day any day.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'm good for any of those days!! So count me in!!! :yesnod:
:ring:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Art... sorry can't do Wednesdays (or Mondays/Tuesdays).

I'm avail Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays in the evening. Sunday all day.

I don't mind going to the wing place on a non-Wednesday and paying a bit more :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...mp;t=k&om=1

I think this is a great idea for an eavning run... It would provide for a spectacular view, great Photo's, and a nice drive. It's huge Parking Lot, and as long as people arent doing a bunch of Illegal stuff, we wont have any problems. Have any of you been there?

The sunset is crazy.. and then the city lights come on and would make for great background shots.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...mp;t=k&om=1

I think this is a great idea for an eavning run... It would provide for a spectacular view, great Photo's, and a nice drive. It's huge Parking Lot, and as long as people arent doing a bunch of Illegal stuff, we wont have any problems. Have any of you been there?

The sunset is crazy.. and then the city lights come on and would make for great background shots.
[/b]
I've been there several times, I live about 20 minutes from there. But going there at night isn't great though, there are no lights in that parking lot, aside from the restaurant there, so it's almost pitch black around that area.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've been there several times, I live about 20 minutes from there. But going there at night isn't great though, there are no lights in that parking lot, aside from the restaurant there, so it's almost pitch black around that area.
[/b]
There are lights.

Just not along the front where people sit and look out over the city. everywhere else is well lit.. Besides, it sounds like you need HID bulbs er something. Just Kidding man

I live right near there too. Like I can see it out my window as I type this. I just thought it would be a good place.. nice sunsets coming what with the nice weather and smokey skies.

it was just a thought. besides. when it gets Pitch Black it's time to go rally up the mountain. ;) mess with SFU security? No? :p

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I like the idea of meeting somewhere scenic. But, I'd like to maybe have a nice hour-long cruise before-hand. Just my opinion.

Also, any places to grab something quick at the "Horizons" location?

The wings idea is good too, but I fear that meeting at a restaurant makes it more of a night out to eat, rather than a meet.

Anyways, lets keep the discussion going and it would be highly appreciated if people can keep in mind any schedule constraints that have been mentioned.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
There are lights.
Just not along the front where people sit and look out over the city. everywhere else is well lit.. Besides, it sounds like you need HID bulbs er something. Just Kidding man
I live right near there too. Like I can see it out my window as I type this. I just thought it would be a good place.. nice sunsets coming what with the nice weather and smokey skies.
it was just a thought. besides. when it gets Pitch Black it's time to go rally up the mountain. ;) mess with SFU security? No? :p
[/b]
Lol, I have HIDs.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Heh, I was kidding man :p

I am in to any location. Keep in mind some people will have to drive for an hour, just to be able to cruise in a group for an hour, but I am into that :p Just gimme an address and i can punch it into the navi. Good to go. I would preffer a weekend, but an evening could work. Not off work until 6pm in south van, so I am close to richmond er whatnot.. I dunno. weekday rushour cruise sounds kinda... stop and go.

No, there is nothing up there for a quick bite to eat. Horizons rest. is an expensive place.. and it's not "causal"

I am excited to se some 6's Mine is bone stock, loaded, but still stock. I can't decide what to do to it first. lower I think.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lower it for sure... then think about a CAI.

But, I digress. Back to meet-talk.

Any other ideas. How about Cypress Mountain?

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'm down for whatever you guys decide on!! Just give me a early notice so I can clear up my schedule!! (cough cough call in sick if I have to!)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Of those coices the 20th works for me. I might be available for other days not listed from those choices.
Burnaby mountain is like 5 minutes from my house.

Meeting somewhere in Vancouver and driving up to cypress might be a good idea, but not a whole lot of fun driving in rush hour traffic.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
20th is not so good for me, sorry, it's my cat's 1st birthday. I know it sounds stupid, but I love him a lot.
[/b]
Hey, at least you know your cat's bday. I had 2 and never knew their bdays!

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
These pics are from the first day I got him, he was only 3 months old.

Anyway, back to the meet, preferrably it could be on a weekend so I won't have school, but if the meet is at night only then any day is fine, except the 20th. But I understand that you probably won't be able to accomodate everyone, so if a date is decided upon that I won't be able to make it, then so be it, tough luck for me then.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts