Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title pretty much explains it, but I want to see some painted calipers on steel gray mazda 6's....

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
First of all, your car is glacier silver, like mine. Second, you need to FINISH painting your calipers ;)
[/b]
I think it looks great the way he did it. Unique and the same thing I have planned for my car in satin black.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heres my car.....and the grand prix i did today helped my friend

[/b]
Are you guys pretty much using high temp spray paint or have some of you used the brush on high temp paint? On my other car, I used the brush on paint. It came out very nice, but it took several coats to get the color purity I was looking for. I assume spray paint would be much quicker, but that would probably require me to take the calipers completely off of the car (including detaching the brake lines)....

·
Registered
153 Posts
use high temp spray paint by spraying into a paint tray then brushing the paint on the calipers. :yesnod:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Are you guys pretty much using high temp spray paint or have some of you used the brush on high temp paint? On my other car, I used the brush on paint. It came out very nice, but it took several coats to get the color purity I was looking for. I assume spray paint would be much quicker, but that would probably require me to take the calipers completely off of the car (including detaching the brake lines)....
[/b]

G2 brush-on caliper paint kit FTW.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
[/b]
Duplicolor brush on kit. :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Duplicolor brush on kit. :D
[/b]
Yeah, I think I will just get the Duplicolor brush on kit like I got for my other car. The results were good, it just took several coats. At least I won't have to take the calipers off...

·
Registered
748 Posts
I will be painting my calipers yellow hopefully within a week, using Duplicolor Caliper Paint. I was going to buy the G2 stuff but when I went to Pepboys they had a special on the Duplicolor, $9.99 a kit, I figure I wouldn't be able to beat that. Haven't heard bad things about Duplicolor so I decided to take the plunge. I'll probably go buy another one incase I need more paint. So far no yellow calipers, I'll probably be among the few (if any). IF YOU HAVE YELLOW CALIPERS, POST SOME PICS!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will be painting my calipers yellow hopefully within a week, using Duplicolor Caliper Paint. I was going to buy the G2 stuff but when I went to Pepboys they had a special on the Duplicolor, $9.99 a kit, I figure I wouldn't be able to beat that. Haven't heard bad things about Duplicolor so I decided to take the plunge. I'll probably go buy another one incase I need more paint. So far no yellow calipers, I'll probably be among the few (if any). IF YOU HAVE YELLOW CALIPERS, POST SOME PICS!
[/b]
This is a pic of my Contour SVT, but it should give you an idea of what the finished product will look like since the calipers were painted with the Duplicolor kit.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
dont paint them
u ll have to retouch it every year

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dont paint them
u ll have to retouch it every year
[/b]
I have never had to repaint mine and it has been a couple years. There is no reason why you would have to repaint them unless you nicked the caliper when taking the wheel off or putting it on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
16 Participants
CvilleSix
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing