Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently finished up replacing the valve cover gaskets and a host of other things to my 07 3.0L and I am missing a single connector plugin, but there is not sign of it anywhere.Here's what it should look like.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part
:

I cant find the side that runs down the valve cover (radiator side)

The connector is single pronged, and, if it's relevant, I have a PO152 CEL (O2 sensor running lean)

Can anyone help with this mystery?

Thanks in advance!

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
4,006 Posts
I believe that connector is for the oxygen sensor. You have two in front and two behind. According to NTK, the OE manufacturer those O2 sensors have a 100,000mi service life. This is likely your problem with that code (P0152). The ones that really matter are the upstream sensors,B1S1 ( bank1 sensor1) and B2S1, (bank 2 sensor 1) as those control your fuel mixture. The downstream sensor (sensor 2) is there to tell the computer if you catalytic converter is still working. And this sensor can send a check light but it will not affect your drive ability.

·
Registered
2014 Mazda 6 GT & 2006 Mazda 6 GT-MT HB
861 Posts
So that is not a pic of your actual situation, right? Cause I see it there.
Here is a pic I took some time ago of my engine, see where it goes down, it should be hanging down there somewhere.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So that is not a pic of your actual situation, right? Cause I see it there.
Here is a pic I took some time ago of my engine, see where it goes down, it should be hanging down there somewhere.
View attachment 239108

No It's just a photo I googled. I am at work so I will go home and see if it's the O2 sensor but I feel like that'd be so obvious and I remember checking a few times but maybe I overlooked it.

I will check down there soon so I'll update with what I find (if anything)

Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I checked my car in the garage and the connector originally in question is the AC clutch (yellow dot).
View attachment 239111
Yellow dot = A/C clutch
Green dot = oxygen sensor (B2S2)
Red dot = oxygen sensor (B2S1)
Well that's terrifying, I'm glad it's cold. I will have to figure out where in the world it went. Can you trace where it came from?

Thanks again

·
Registered
2014 Mazda 6 GT & 2006 Mazda 6 GT-MT HB
861 Posts
If that is indeed the AC clutch, I can assure you you'll find the other end by looking around the compressor.

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
4,006 Posts
If that is indeed the AC clutch, I can assure you you'll find the other end by looking around the compressor.
That's exactly how I found out what it was to begin with.
The Hood latch alarm switch, temperature sensor and oil pressure sender all run in the loom that snakes around the front of the bank 2 rocker cover next to the oil filler cap and OCV.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I checked my car in the garage and the connector originally in question is the AC clutch (yellow dot).
View attachment 239111
Yellow dot = A/C clutch
Green dot = oxygen sensor (B2S2)
Red dot = oxygen sensor (B2S1)
Well that's terrifying, I'm glad it. I will have to figure out where in the world it went. Can you trace where it came from?

Thanks again
That's exactly how I found out what it was to begin with.
The Hood latch alarm switch, temperature sensor and oil pressure sender all run in the loom that snakes around the front of the bank 2 rocker cover next to the oil filler cap and OCV.
Your wealth of knowledge is a godsend as always

1 - 10 of 10 Posts