Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only been on the boards for a short time now, but I was looking for any local 6's that are looking for a monthly meet. Not sure how many are interested or even in the area. But I think it would be nice for everyone to be able to get together at least once a month for a dinner and just hang out to get to know everyone. If you are interested post up and lets get something started. :cheers:

ßill

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I have only been on the boards for a short time now, but I was looking for any local 6's that are looking for a monthly meet. Not sure how many are interested or even in the area. But I think it would be nice for everyone to be able to get together at least once a month for a dinner and just hang out to get to know everyone. If you are interested post up and lets get something started. :cheers:
ßill
[/b]
I am always down!!! There are a few of us. We, I'd say 3-4 cars are driving to CT for a bbq/poker/volleyball/car bs meet next saturday if you are down. Where are you at on the Island?
And welcome to the club. There is tons of good info on here

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in Farmingville (exit 63 off LIE). And I mean literally right off the LIE. My friend and I are even trying to gauge interest in a "mod" meet of some sort since he just bought a fender rolling tool for his 6. I would be willing to host since I have a good range of tools needed for just about everything. But if we can get an idea of where everyone is on the Island we can find a mid-way point so no one is traveling too far every month for a meet. And I would love to make the meet next week, but I have to work. Weekend is the money shifts for a bartender.

ßill

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Hey! I am in huntington station, down the street from 110 and dave and busters where we usually hang. There isnt usually a formal meet. Normally its just a few, I mean a very few people that meet up on LI. Me and skills meet up along with skippyrock (who also has a msp too) and spiky. We are all LI'ers with trebor there:) We are looking to go to the formla D drifting event, which I think is next week. Even though its not techically a meet, we meet up anyways just to say hi.

Welcome to the boards man and hope to meet you soon!

As to a fender rolling meet, pm skills007 he has a fender roller. I believe the going rate is 50 bux for both wheels.

EDIT: Where the heck do you bartend? We (me and the wife) were hankering for a drink after zoom zoom live today! LOL

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well lets get something formal going so more people can find us. If we meet up at the same place at the same time people will find us. I've found that a restaurante (ie. Crapplebee's, Friday's, etc...) make it easier for everyone. Just a simple meal and time to BS about the cars, meets, or just whatever. There are plenty of places around here that have HUGE parking lots for us to park the cars and eat too. Lets get everyone to post where they are and any ideas as to where they wanna meet up at.

Farmingville - Charlie Brown's in Holtsville (Island 16 parking lot, LIE and Nichols Rd. exit 62) mainly b/c that is where I bartend and can get a pretty good hook up on food and beer. :cheers:

ßill

·
Registered
15 Posts
well lets get something formal going so more people can find us. If we meet up at the same place at the same time people will find us. I've found that a restaurante (ie. Crapplebee's, Friday's, etc...) make it easier for everyone. Just a simple meal and time to BS about the cars, meets, or just whatever. There are plenty of places around here that have HUGE parking lots for us to park the cars and eat too. Lets get everyone to post where they are and any ideas as to where they wanna meet up at.

Farmingville - Charlie Brown's in Holtsville (Island 16 parking lot, LIE and Nichols Rd. exit 62) mainly b/c that is where I bartend and can get a pretty good hook up on food and beer. :cheers:

ßill
[/b]

Can I come. I'll steal the 6 OR have my bro drive down.

·
Registered
744 Posts
BEEEER. im up for a monthly thing. :drive: on a side note i have yet to see another speed on LI driving around. i see one in queens where i work once in a blue moon.

·
Registered
810 Posts
what's this driving event?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BEEEER. im up for a monthly thing. :drive: on a side note i have yet to see another speed on LI driving around. i see one in queens where i work once in a blue moon.
[/b]
I have yet to see another Speed6 anywhere other then the dealership. The car I have now is the one I test drove when they first hit the dealership near me. When I left it, it had 22 miles on it. When I bought it it had 32 miles on it. So it will be nice to finally meet someone that actually knows what kind of car I really have :lol:

Back on topic: Do we have enough interest in a monthly meeting? If so where does everyone want to meet up at?

ßill

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm down for a meet, gotta see what other 6 owners have done to their rides! I'm in Lake Ronkonkoma. To make the meets extra sweet I'll bring my fender roller for any who need. All ya gotta do is let me know you need it and I'll fill you in on the details. I'm thinking $30 per fender, all work done at the meet by your local Midnight Tuning professional. :yesnod:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To make the meet more centerally located for everyone on Long Island would everyone like to meet up at Charlie Brown's in Commack?? I can still get a hook up there. Maybe the first Thursday of every month? $2/$3 pints all day!!! Lets get something started!

ßill

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Should I take the lack of responses as no interest? Or is everyone waiting for me to make a time and place? I have no problems with the first/last Thursday night of every month at CB's in Commack. And there are at least 2-3 others that I know of that can make those times. But its no fun if we get the same 2 or 3 people at the dinners. The more the merrier!!

ßill

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Should I take the lack of responses as no interest? Or is everyone waiting for me to make a time and place? I have no problems with the first/last Thursday night of every month at CB's in Commack. And there are at least 2-3 others that I know of that can make those times. But its no fun if we get the same 2 or 3 people at the dinners. The more the merrier!!

ßill
[/b]
With soem notice I will definitly be interested.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well how is the LAST Thursday of every month sound? That gives everyone on here at least 2 weeks to see this and plan accordingly. Does anyone have a preference on place? Or is CB's ok for everyone?

ßill

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am so very ready for a local meet on a monthly basis...

Just so you know, kpjimmy (hubby) and I are available for that on any given Thursday (minus if Cowboys are on TV - im a fan - pity me)

Actually Im a football fan period.. how about some cars, some drinks and some football :) aw yeah

The only time I can't make it is if I have something in the City I got to do, but Jim can go at least.

Come on!! make it a day.. say Sept 21 or Sept 28... make it a date :)

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As far as football goes....we can easily sit in the bar/lounge and get the benefit of all the games at once, plus $2/$3 pints all night. And I would say the 28th, only so its always the last thursday of every month. Its settled....I'll start on an official thread.

ßill

1 - 17 of 17 Posts