Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that the 03-05 models had the fog lights in the headlight housing. And the o6 has them in the lower front bumper. Ive seen guys on here put fogs in the lower facisa on 03-05 models. I was just wondering if i could put 03-05 fogs in my 06 headlight housings. 4 fog lights =rally fun

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
You can swap the headlights, but the electrical system will not allow you to easily have all 4 on at once. It would have to be a custom wiring job

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you get the fogs sperate from the rest of the housing. Or are the molded in?
edit: I pulled the back cover off one of the headlight housings and found 2 unused connectors. One with a black wire (ground?) and the other white/yellow (power?). In place of the fog light is a crome cover thats just snaped into place. Ill check and see if there is power on the w/y wire tomorrow. If there is then it would just be a task of finding the socket & reflector to go inplace of the cover. Has anyone else done this?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
the only thing i see as a problem is on the 03-05 model they also had an opening where the foglight was where as on the 06' we have what appears to be a round plastic refelctor? if that's the case you'd have to dremel that out in order to make room for a 4th bulb and then as said, manage the extra strain on the electrical system.

·
Registered
304 Posts
pretty much not worth it, 400 bucks a pop for factory fog projectors in the headlight complex, i thought about but yea, not worth the price.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
400, never mind. Maybe i can find them at a wrecker, then i might do it. But im not gonna put much more thought into this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts