Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story. I went in to buy a 1 treo sub. I end up getting a lcd front unit with metra kit since they said they could install it. Come to find out the metra kit is not compatible with the auto climate control since the radio controls all of that. Basically I cannot control my AC. I bought the headunit on the notion that everything would work and it would be a simple install. I would not have gotten the system if it had to deal with customization. They said they would not refund my money(which i would not mind having back) since they can fix the ac problem for extra money. What they did offer me is store credit of $1275 or for an extra 400 a custom job where they would make a custom bay to hold the head unit out of the stock face plate and having to place the stock 6disc radio in the trunk to control my auto climate control. Question is can I get my money back or what can I do to my speed6 with 1275. I am lost and fustrated. I went in there thinking things would be simple and now I am home confused. Rims sounds nice but they only carry one type of rims that will fit on the speed6 that will guarantee not to rub, but they are chrome and i am too old to have chrome (27) and chrome must weigh like 1,000 lbs (sarcastic). I use to have a 6i with 18s and that thing rubbed like crazy. Any ideas...any one in law school? Thank you for reading my story. The more I think about the more i keep thinking "let the buyer beware." On a positive note i read metra is working on this problem but who knows when it will be done.

ALoha

·
Registered
426 Posts
It's rather hard to undrstand you, and I got no idea what a "1 treo sub" is (sandwich?). However, if you got sold something that is not working as advertised, I would demand my money back. They shouldn't force you into spending MORE money to fix their shit. And it does sound like you want out of this deal... so make lots of noise, get your $ back, and don't deal with those jokers again. My 5c.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Simplification of my story. 1)Went to audio store to purchase one subwoofer (TREO 12in tsx to replace my my 12in rocksford H2 Subwoofer. 2) After talking to the sales person they told me they had the metra kit face place that could hold the new pioneer lcd head unit (which i must say made the bose speakers sound sweet.) so i decide to purchase the TREO subwoofer, pioneer lcd headunit, the metra face place, and install 3)After the install they find out from metra that this kit is not compatible with 06 mazda6 or speed6 with climate control. 4) The problem is the auto climate control is located in the stock 6disc changer. 5)I want my money back since this is not going to be a simple install. Involves placing the 6disc changer in the trunk so i can use my auto climate control. 6) They told me they will not refund my money since they can fix the problem, but it will cost more. 7)they said they would give me store credit $1275 if i chose not to do the custom install.

A)Can I get my money back?
B)If worse comes to worse want can I do with 1275.

·
Registered
426 Posts
K, that's easier to understand. I stand by my opinion. It's their fault, and their lack of knowledge that caused this situation. Sold you equipment not compatible with your car (and they are suppose to be the experts, not you). You absolutely deserve a full refund.

Just because they can "supposedly" make it work for $400 extra (or whatever), does not mean you are or were willing to spend that much money on the install. You agreed to purchase working equipment for 1275, nothing more, and they didn't deliver. Give them shit for this, and get your $ back.

so what store is that? and where are you located?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Metro Audio Dynamics in Omaha NE. In their defense they put out some of the best cars.

·
Registered
583 Posts
did you pay with cash or credit? if you paid with credit did the receipt you sign have a "no refund" policy listed on it? if it did you are screwed because you signed off on it. if not or if you paid cash where is it displayed that they have a no refund policy. if it is not displayed than you have a case because if they "said" it then they have to prove with a preponderance of evidence that you knew there was a no return policy.

if you didn't sign the policy or if it wasn't made available then you have the leagal right to request a refund and let them know you will contact the local authorities. call the cops even. nobody wants cops in the front of their store.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
if they have a written policy & posted signage there's probably not too much you can do. are they a member of the BBB? that's probably a better way to go. deal with the owner directly. when they sold you the equipment did they say it would work? if so, the problem is theirs.

it doesn't sound like a criminal offense was committed, so good luck calling th cops. this is a tort, a civil offense. you can hire a lawyer & sue, but it'll cost more up front. then you wouldn't get your money back unless you won.

you're best bet is rationalize with the owner of the shop. don't play the victim, but rather try to come to an agreement you both can live with.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used my credit and in small print their is a no refund policy. So I end up paying more for a custom install and they still can't do it, but for all the hassle they end up refunding my money except $225 which I excepted since they took apart my car twice. I am kinda sad that I don't have my touch screen pioneer, but i guess it is all good.

ALoha

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I used my credit and in small print their is a no refund policy. So I end up paying more for a custom install and they still can't do it, but for all the hassle they end up refunding my money except $225 which I excepted since they took apart my car twice. I am kinda sad that I don't have my touch screen pioneer, but i guess it is all good.

ALoha
[/b]

If you paid with a credit card and you did not get what you paid for you can always get your money back.. Regardless of any small print on a reciept.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
SSinstaller
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing