Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little over 4,000 miles on my 6s, and i've begun to notice that my steering wheel tends to drift to the left (and rarely/never to the right).

At first, I thought that my front left tire was a little low on air... but I checked em all, 30 psi. (recommended 29-31, yeah, they look a little flat). Any feedback, thoughts, comments... ?? thanks.

btw.. I remember glancing over a topic that might've been the same as this one (and I apologize for the repeat) but I wasn't experiencing any problems at the time, so I didnt bother to read it. :p thanks again.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'leftward drift ??'

mine does the same....bringing car in tomorrow or err today only 2800km

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Reading Topic: leftward drift ??

I say alignment too, because I can drive straight down the road without my hands on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
721 Posts

I kinda noticed it too.. Can it be the load condition? I should check it again on flat straight load again..

ichi, where do you go for the service in vancouver?

·
Registered
341 Posts

That's funny...mine is drifting the OTHER direction...I thought it was the shape of the roads but it seems to drift right no matter what lane/road/whatever I'm in.

At least the service adjustments are included for 12/12000. I took it to the dealer at 1000 miles and he said give it a little bit more time for the bushings to fully seat, etc.

·
Registered
56 Posts

I took mine to the dealer yesterday because mine was drifting to the right, they said the alignment was the same as the mazda specs, but I still have a drift, so if anyone finds out please post it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Replying to Topic 'leftward drift ??'

Yep, mine drifts to the left, did from day one with 28 miles on it. I thought maybe it was because of being in the left lane, but when I go to the right lane, it goes straight for a little while, and then starts going to the left. I don't notice it as much at slower speeds on secondary roads, but it's still there. Planning to mention it to the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
92 Posts

Mine does this, had tracking checked, and everything is perfect, still drifts, checked tyres, still drifts. Gotta take it to the garage some time, and if a tyre has worn excessivly then they can change it FOC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts