Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plastic part that the windows controls are mounted on (the part you grabb when closing the door) on the driver side as started to squeek and it feels a little loose... :/

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Left side plastic'

I've noticed that you have to apply a considerable amount of force when closing the doors (downside for creating the Mercedes-style door-closing feeling). Especially when it's cold outside.

Perhaps it's all this slamming in the doors that made it come loose? (Mine's still rock solid, though).

·
Registered
137 Posts

I've also noticed that you almost have to slam the door to get it shut when its cold outside!

It's been around -26 Celcius at home at the end of this week, and when i first started it once, although i've had engine and compartment heaters connected, the doors would'nt even close at first, they stayed closed, but with the door sensitive light in the compartment still lit, but only after around 2 - 3 minutes of driving, i could close it correctly, with at bit of slamming! :(

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yes, on Christmas Day the front passenger door wouldn't close at all!!! Good thing it happened when we'd reached our destination, so I could leave it with the compartment heater on aimed at the door for a few hours.

Spoke to my dealer about this. They had noticed the problem. He said he thought it was the rubber lists getting hard, but I think they've used some bad grease in the door mechanisms.:sarc

M

·
0 Posts

Same for me (ITALY); but mine had a problem with the driver's door too.

·
Registered
163 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Yes, on Christmas Day the front passenger door wouldn't close at all!!! Good thing it happened when we'd reached our destination, so I could leave it with the compartment heater on aimed at the door for a few hours.

Spoke to my dealer about this. They had noticed the problem. He said he thought it was the rubber lists getting hard, but I think they've used some bad grease in the door mechanisms.:sarc[/b]

Apply some grease and it should be OK.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Well...to apply grease where it counts (inside some wires and internal mechanisms) you'd have to take the doors apart.

I won't do that, but will let my dealer do it for me. I paid more than 25000 US$ for this car, I demand that it's possible to close the doors when it's cold outside...:D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Let me phrase it this way: if they say it's an option, and I didn't pick it...I'll use the Iron 9 to remake their knees to tin cups...:D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Reading Topic: Left side plastic

Doors are "solid" to shut (I'm being kind) Takes two goes and I yell at the kids then for slamming them. I
'm thinking this is NORMAL but my previous GMHolden heap had 4 doors that always sagged and constantly needed adjustment. I hope this does not happen with mazda.

·
Registered
286 Posts

I took my car back to Mazda to have them tighten that. It kept rattling when I was listening to a song with a lot of bass. Though, for some reason now, maybe it's me, the music coming from the driver side door sounds like it has a lot more midrange than usual. Could just be me, but I don't know.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Reading Topic: Left side plastic

It could be you, or it could be your amp... my guess would be you, because the amp shouldn't go funny, unless you got a bad one by small chance.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by crimson773

I took my car back to Mazda to have them tighten that.  It kept rattling when I was listening to a song with a lot of bass.  Though, for some reason now, maybe it's me, the music coming from the driver side door sounds like it has a lot more midrange than usual.  Could just be me, but I don't know.[/b]
If something was loose, then tightening it may have changed it's resonance a bit, resulting in more midrange.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts