Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of those issues where you have to rethink entire wiring diagram and can't get a good sleep from the issue, Left side turn signals stopped working, before this happened when i turn on left blinkers/turn signals they would not start so i would keep turn signals switch on like i was turning left but would continue driving and after certain time, few minutes they would come on ,i was suspecting on relay but was not worried since they eventually come on but recently they don't come on ,after few minutes you can hear knocking noise once and that is it , i can't turn left with blinkers ,Hope no one makes an accident when i slow down and want to turn left but they don't know since no rear and front blinkers are working .
Someone had something similar , is it relay ? where is it ?
Mazda 6 2004 , 2.0 Diesel 89kw(estate/caravan)

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
They are controlled by a body control module, not a relay. On the 3rd gens you can simply reset the FBCM and maybe fix it, not sure on the 1st gens, but youll need Forscan and a good OBDII adapter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are controlled by a body control module, not a relay. On the 3rd gens you can simply reset the FBCM and maybe fix it, not sure on the 1st gens, but youll need Forscan and a good OBDII adapter.
I have scanned with bluetooth OBD II just for faults with my phone and there wasn't faults, just one for egr valve but nothing special. Hard to identificate from where problem comes especially when i can hear knock noise after certain time when switch is on left position . Maybe i should scan with better OBD, will check that and come back here

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
3,585 Posts
I have scanned with bluetooth OBD II just for faults with my phone and there wasn't faults, just one for egr valve but nothing special. Hard to identificate from where problem comes especially when i can hear knock noise after certain time when switch is on left position . Maybe i should scan with better OBD, will check that and come back here
I would think possibly a bad ground connection. Next I would think a faulty turn switch. Last possibly a clock spring. There could always be a wire break anywhere.

I would turn the signal indicator on and then start moving parts. Perhaps move the side lamp, then the wiring inside the engine bay, then wiggle the wiring loom as it runs to the fuse box. Move the turn stalk all around and try different steering positions. Perhaps remove the fuse and flasher relay to see if any of them make it start flashing again.
Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts