Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alot of people have changed there bulbs to leds so i was wondering where the best place to get them would be and what you guys are paying for them.

i am personaly trying to change out every bulb for an led except the head lights ofcourse and any help you guys can offer would be nice

also are there any brands you have had bad luck with or we should all try and stay away from

·
Registered
815 Posts
alot of people have changed there bulbs to leds so i was wondering where the best place to get them would be and what you guys are paying for them.

i am personaly trying to change out every bulb for an led except the head lights ofcourse and any help you guys can offer would be nice

also are there any brands you have had bad luck with or we should all try and stay away from
[/b]
Here:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/led_prods.htm

and here:
http://www.autolumination.com/

There is also a thread in the electrical section talking about replacing the 194 bulbs that has some info.

·
Registered
507 Posts
What lights are people replacing with LED's? IMO they're junk. If I had a nickel for everytime I was nearly rear-ended because the people behind couldn't see my LED lights, I'd have a shitload of nickels (I've always loved that quote!).

Plus, as LED's go as turn signals, because of their lower impedance they flashed about 5 times faster than stock. Talk about annoying!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Check electrical forum and lock this bad boy.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Try out www.hid-lights.com

Ordered last week and got them in 4 business days.

Great bulbs, 90-day warranty or more on most.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i got them on ebay. $12 for 12. and they work very good
[/b]

Ebay, but what company do they originate from. On my old Mazda 6 they blew out after a year one by one.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Did anybody's sidemarker LED's go out quickly.
The autoillumination LED went out in a few days so I stepped up and got some PIAA's and it went out about a week or two.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Did anybody's sidemarker LED's go out quickly.
The autoillumination LED went out in a few days so I stepped up and got some PIAA's and it went out about a week or two.
[/b]
Humm... they are not suppost to go out that fast. They can last 3 years easy. I think there is something wrong with your car.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well im glad you all posted. i guess i will rethink the whole led thing

·
Registered
227 Posts
Got mine from superbirghtleds.com. I not too sure about the color though, I went for the white ones, but compared to the low-beams, they look blue. Another draw-back in my case is that the 6-LED bulbs no longer reflect the outline of the High-beam reflector, Just two blue bulbs. Does anybody have better LED's for the 194's in the high-beam reflector that actually gives more of a reflection?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
did that with my old car =( the red lights and the halos looked awesome on my black 6i...sadness.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts