Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently put in LED low beams and fog lights for my 2010 cherry black mazda 6. I went a little extreme and added LED reverse lights and brake lights. The reverse lights are great but one problem with the brake light.....i bought strobe brake lights so it will flash three times then go solid. I dont mind having them because then people that are distracted will be alerted by the flashing in front of them. Im just worried that i will be pulled over and given a ticket, i live in Texas. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Some cars today come factory with strobe 3rd brake lights so I think you should be fine. The cop would have to be a real ass to pull you for a safety feature. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I too am going to be going with a strobe brake system sometime next year on my 1st gen once I get caught up on some of the other things I have planed for it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
You will need to check your local laws on that as the laws vary from state to state.

In Wisconsin; only motorcycles/mopeds are specifically allowed to have them, and then only if the flash rate is based on deceleration rate. On cars and trucks, they are not defined, so it depends on the officer and judge; because flashing red lights are reserved for emergency vehicles

·
Registered
910 Posts
I'm in Illinois and I've seen a few people with flashing third brake lights. I've modified the one on my spoiler to scan back and forth like KITT. Despite finding myself in front of cops at stoplights a few times, they don't seem to care. Perhaps they would get me for it if they already had me pulled over for speeding or similar.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Interesting thread. I put a third brake light flasher kit on my 1999 Miata and am sorta worried about a LEO looking askance at it. However, I've noticed a few county police department motorcycles with this feature, so if I get a ticket that's my argument with a judge.

Also Georgia OCGA 40-8-93 doesn't prohibit flashing brake lights.

·
Registered
94 Posts
XXrain when I tried LED bulbs on our 2017 6 it spread the light all over the place so much it was dark so I replaced them with OPT7 HID and I’m happy with them also I seen this guy on You Tube try LED bulbs on projector lights like ours and it sucked then he went with HID bulbs and it was all good.

Now I did have problems with my HID kit burning up bulbs and one driver but OPT7 replaced the items till I wrote them that just my bulbs was giving me trouble so I sent in my kit and they are sending me another brand new kit the have one hell of a warranty and this time I’m going to use the relay kit that one can order from them and I suggest not to use your driving lights on auto in the day that might have been part of the trouble as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts