Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey , i have a 2007 Mazda 6 gg classic and I was wondering if anyone has done or knows if I can swap the standard halogen headlights for LED lights.any help would be appreciated.

·
Rally Racer
3,145 Posts
Hey , i have a 2007 Mazda 6 gg classic and I was wondering if anyone has done or knows if I can swap the standard halogen headlights for LED lights.any help would be appreciated.
Odds are the LED will not shine properly with the original halogen projector assembly. Morimoto (among others) makes LED specific projectors that can be installed into your factory headlamp housings. It would be the ideal time to replace the clear plastic face as well.
Check out the retrofit source for ideas.

·
Registered
292 Posts
The only decent change is to replace the optics as well as the light bulb; no 2 lighting types (halogen vs HID vs LED) have light sources that are equal in size, shape, and location.

The best way to do this is as DrFeelGood suggested; which is by replacing the projector assembly within the headlamp.

No matter what.... you need to have your headlamps be clean and clear, otherwise your light will be scattered and not focused correctly, and changing out to LED is just going to scatter more light

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe the only way to Replace the plastic face is to replace the whole headlight unit , I have tried multiple headlight restoration kits with no success, are the headlights expensive to buy new

1 - 5 of 5 Posts