Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed these:

I would only put the footwells in, but I think they look sweet. I know a lot of people have put regular ones in, but has anybody synced them with their stereo like the video?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Normally they are just activated by sound. I have a glowstick for the trunk lighting. It has a knob to turn on the sensitivity. Nothing additional to wire up.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I read on their site, I just think they're sick and was wondering who has installed them and how awesome they look in 6's.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It would be cool to have footwell lights period. But there is not even stock lights down there on mine. God knows where I would begin. but I imagine it would be a lil more work than a truck one

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I like LED footwells that are just basic, none of the Neon Glow stuff...

Get some regular LED strips and use that I did it in my car so when I unlock the doors/ open the door they come on, really nice touch!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's the difference in look with the glow ones?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like LED footwells that are just basic, none of the Neon Glow stuff...

Get some regular LED strips and use that I did it in my car so when I unlock the doors/ open the door they come on, really nice touch!
What did you wire them in to? :O

·
Registered
328 Posts
I once saw a guy who had a mazda 6 with like a rainbow thing going on under his car it was kind of cool, I put red leds under my doors in my mazda 3, everytime you opened any door the ground glow red it was sweet. But I have not done anything like that to me msp6 yet.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have any pics from your 3 with those lights?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I might, but I dont think I have any of the doors or under the lights, I know I have front grill light pics. I led the car out :p. Red under all doors, white bluesh lights in the grill and under hood. The hood lightz where for checking oil and stuff at night very use full, grill lights and hood lights were on switchs 1 switch in the car 1 under the hood mounted by the fuse box I spent about $95 on the whole set up 8 led strips and 2 switchs, door where wired to dome light switch.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow that's sweet, keep us posted on what you do with your 6! I got mine at the end of July and started modding it in October and now I am hooked.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
What's the difference in look with the glow ones?
There just basic LED strips like this:

2x48cm white 48-LED Bulb Flexible Car Light Line Strip | eBay

but that's 48 CM for like a trunk, I believe I bought the 5 or 10 cm would have to check. I think the glowing ones are kind of ricey.

What did you wire them in to? :O
I taped into the fuse,my buddy did his on a switch. let me see if I have some pics.

this in my trunk is one 48CM LED strip like the one I posted above, this was just a before shot of my audio setup

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice, I remember seeing those when I was about to put mine in. I put 2 6" amber LEDs in my trunk I got from V-Leds just this past weekend.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That looks sweet!

·
Super Moderator
16,779 Posts
I've added a basic kit to under the dash, as well as in my trunk. The kit is originally $89 but was on sale for $39, here's the link.

Pros: Very simple wiring, comes with a great adapter that can handle up to (I think) 8 tubes, all controlled by a single switch that I mounted under my steering wheel. Very clean lighting, not overpowered, but can easily get bright enough. The switch has a few modes including: All LEDs on, Fade in and Fade out, Sound Activated. The switch also has a 'Pause" button that lets you freeze the LEDs at whichever state they're in, and will save that state for the next time you turn the car on.

Cons: The tubes are HUGE. It's very difficult to find adequate mounting points for even the 12" tubes that I found, let alone the 15" that they have advertised. The dial for the sound activated part of the lights is a little flimsy, and doesn't always respond correctly to my adjustments.

The blue-ish lights are my 194 socket dome lights, "Cool White" frosted bulbs, and the door lights are frosted red 194 bulbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How did you wire them? Looks great!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts