Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as stated, if only i purchased my MS6 earlier, i could of purchase these LED
bulbs from MYK's GB in the Toronto Protege forums.

Anyhow, i'm lookin' @ Superbrightleds.com and j/ wanna know if anyone
here dealt w/ them before......i'm about to purchase 8 pcs of 194 LEDs & 4 pcs of 74 LEDs
from them for side marker, city light, map, dome, and vanity mirrors ....but still a little worry

I've visted Station 28 in Pacific, and they are lookin' at $10 for a pair of 194...(4 leds),
no way i'm payin' that much for LEDs....

anyone else bought LEDs from other places than Station 28, MYK, superbrightleds.com?

please let me know.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought from superbrightleds (8 194 5led, 2 194 matrix) all hyper white. They look great on the inside of the car! Parking lamps are close to stock HID but still a little more blue, and I had one crap out on me in 2 mths. Licence plate 194's look great!
[/b]

so the 5 LEDs fit into the holes w/ no issue in the map/dome location?
i thought of the 5 LEDs, but i was kinda scare that it will not fit, as the hole
in the reflectors looks pretty small.... how long was the shipping?

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've used 194's in the two front + back interiour lights, door lights, daytime running lights, license plate, as well as in the trunk. Oh, also as the light for the mirror in the visor. I had one daytime running light crap out within 2 months also, but the other is going strong. All of them are from Superbrightleds.com, either 6 LED 194's, 1 LED 194's or the 1 LED 74's. I like the class it adds to a Mazda, even my roommate hs commented on how much more sophisticated it looks.

·
Registered
384 Posts
i have delt a lot with superbrightleds.com....one thing i can say...great products...inside the car tho...on the outside of the car, like headlight 194 or the licenceplate 194, they seem to fail within 2-3 months...but the tail lights 7440 n the other ones, work great...

here is the prob i seem to find...any led's that go inside headlight, die...very fast....anywhere else in the car, they live forever it seems...

all my interior lights been on for over a yr, not even one failed yet...i have the whole interior replaced with LEDs...includin sunvisors...no failure yet...

the taillites failed once on me, but out of 19LEDs on each bulb, only two LEDs failed...so i had them replaced by warranty...again that is over a span of more then 1yr...so they are generally reliable...

and given the price that they are at on their website...i think its worth it...

one thing i will suggest...i also installed the 194's in my brothers prelude inside the headlight, but i used the 5LED bulb not 6 like on my mazda6...and in his headlight the leds still have not had any issues...so i tihnk that the packagin on the 6LED bulbs, retains too much heat and causes them to fail...cuz the 5LED bulbs are an open design, no enclosed casing...so on my next batch, i will try the 5LED inside my headlight, n see how long those last

·
Registered
272 Posts
I just ordered, received and installed a set from superbrights. I got the whites, 4 LED in the front, singles in the back.

Question... the truck light is smaller, the standard 194 won't fit will it?

Has anyone replaced the glovebox light?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm about to order the (4) #194 WLED x 6 for map and dome
(2) WLED x 5 for DRL near the High beam....
and (4) #74 for vanity mirror.. all hyper white

my question is, would WLED x 5 looks better if
i put it in the dome? will it fit, cuz the hole in the reflector
looks pretty small....

also, can someone confirm if WLED x 5 will fit perfectly in the DRL too...

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
6 leds seem to be too big for map and dome. You may have to drill to make it fit, I know someone did it but I think it's completely unecessary cuz there isn't much of a difference btw 5 and 6 leds.

I have 194 5 leds all around the car, no fitment issues. Let me tell ya, you can even put 9leds into courtesy light and reverse light cuz there is plenty of room for them after you put the housing back in place.

Also, replacing the trunk light with led may not be a good idea becuz it'd decrease the lumens which is not enough to see what's in the trunk in a dark night unless you could adjust the position of the led bulb.

·
Registered
271 Posts
as stated, if only i purchased my MS6 earlier, i could of purchase these LED
bulbs from MYK's GB in the Toronto Protege forums.

Anyhow, i'm lookin' @ Superbrightleds.com and j/ wanna know if anyone
here dealt w/ them before......i'm about to purchase 8 pcs of 194 LEDs & 4 pcs of 74 LEDs
from them for side marker, city light, map, dome, and vanity mirrors ....but still a little worry

I've visted Station 28 in Pacific, and they are lookin' at $10 for a pair of 194...(4 leds),
no way i'm payin' that much for LEDs....

anyone else bought LEDs from other places than Station 28, MYK, superbrightleds.com?

please let me know.
[/b]
I've purchased LEDs from Superbrightleds.com and have had no promblems and will order from them again.

That was after ordering lights from Autolumination.com (big mistake) and received one of the chrome dome bulbs broken on delivery - the LEDs were OK. Apparantly, they don't know what bubble wrap is and how it protects fragile items like light bulbs! After emailing the guy at Autolumination.com several times, the end result was that he would replace the broken bulb only if I ordered more bulbs :huh:

Personally, I'm not gonna order anything from Autolumination.com again and will give all my LED business to Superbrightleds.com :love:

I've found that the LEDs work great in the car and last very long, so they're worth the extra bucks, just stick with Superbrightleds.com and you should be OK :D

·
Registered
412 Posts
not trying to bash or anything, but it'd be nice if one of these companies could hire a decent web designer... or license a generic ecommerce system.

i hope to get in on the spring GB from Myk, i'll keep superbrightleds.com in mind tho from the previous post if i get impatient..

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Hmm i got mine from superbrightleds.com cz i heard rumours about autolumination.com before i decided to buy from them. Up till now, only 2 of my 5WLEDs are broken, but that's because i had my headlight apart, and i had 2 extra 5WLEDs white bulb, so i just install the 194 from the front of the socket.. :p

but anyway, one of the leds in there are still going strong even though i purposely hit my high beam a long time so that they're both dead and wont have any trouble with cops, but seriously, they are mofo strong !!

but i m willing to try autolumination as they have the supernova (flux leds) that have the heat sink they called it..

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
so, i'm guess the 5WLED do work in and outside of the car....perfect!
thx!
[/b]
oohhh... i think u didnt understand what i said.... the 5WLEDs dont fit for the parking light, the side leds are too big for it go into the hole, but since i took apart my headlight, which means i can shove it there FROM the front of the car...

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oohhh... i think u didnt understand what i said.... the 5WLEDs dont fit for the parking light, the side leds are too big for it go into the hole, but since i took apart my headlight, which means i can shove it there FROM the front of the car...
[/b]
yeah, i kinda caught that phrase afterward, i guess it's safer for me to j/ get the 6LED Wedge Base...

thx anyhow

1 - 14 of 14 Posts