Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Holy shit M, that looks amazing. Great choice, and I'm betting your wagon's colors will look real good too.

Man that black and orange, wow, looks much better than I would have thought. I still haven't redone my door panels, they suck.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Holy shit M, that looks amazing. Great choice, and I'm betting your wagon's colors will look real good too.

Man that black and orange, wow, looks much better than I would have thought. I still haven't redone my door panels, they suck.
[/b]
How did you do the center console? I can't take credit for the color choice, that was her doing.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
omg, WTF IS THAT? PEACH? thats not blazing copper leather.......

from the first pics i thought it was MUCH darker... that is soo light...

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
[/b]
burnt orange, it looks a lot better in person, lighting, etc.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The center console, you mean the armrest? If you take the lid completely off the armrest, you can see how the cloth is stapled on. There's a couple screws at the hinge and one at the latch underneath the armrest if you open the lid. Pull the old staples out and the cloth falls off, then you can restaple on the new leather.

[/b]
Doesn't look peach at all to me. It looks great. I'm sure it's just how mine looks purple, the camera is deceiving.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
The center console, you mean the armrest? If you take the lid completely off the armrest, you can see how the cloth is stapled on. There's a couple screws at the hinge and one at the latch underneath the armrest if you open the lid. Pull the old staples out and the cloth falls off, then you can restaple on the new leather.
Doesn't look peach at all to me. It looks great. I'm sure it's just how mine looks purple, the camera is deceiving.
[/b]
Cool, My wife did the headrests and the back armrest, she wanted to do the center console too! I am glad that she does take an interest in her car and does not mind getting her hands dirty! Thanks Dan!

By the way, if you are interested, some of us are going to the Winking Lizard in Avon, they are having a car show on every Sunday thru the Summer, starting this Sunday 11-4.

We will have the 6's there and a few of the Protege folks will be there.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Seats look nice. Can you post picks with the entire car in view? Nice custom look!
[/b]
We'll have it done this weekend, and will shoot the whole car, with the doors opened and the roof as well.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Wow msumlin, very nice!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
[/b]
Thanks, next is my wagon, should go a lot faster, now that I have experience!

UPDATED PICS

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
yeah i can see the camera being a problem. buckeyes seats do look purple...

lookin forward to some better shots!
[/b]

I'll work on it when it's sunny out. It's tough to take pics of the seats with the windows tinted and all. Tough to get a good angle. You can see 'em live at the MidOhio meet too :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
just installed my leatherseats! they are awsome!

but to be honest it took me about 24 hours! 6 hours per day for 4 days!

It could have been be shorter, but things didnt go as expected... but finally done!

Just one issue : I checked all the plugs and wires and everything is connected, but my AIR BAG light on the dash keeps flashing... I checked the wires and everything should be fine... reseted the battery, but the light is still there.

HELP ME!

WILL POST PICTURES SOON!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Check and make sure you got all the plugs. If I remember correctly, I forgot one and had the same problem. I found it hiding under the carpet a little bit.

Marlon, the hatch looks fantastic. Well done.

·
Registered
444 Posts
i checked again and again... i see nothing unplugged.

there are 3 under each chair right? tand there is one that is white that is unsused and dont know what it is for...

and how long dit it take you guys? coz it took me about 24 hours

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Dude it took me forever too. I spent like a whole week on it, working some every day. It was a cool upgrade though, and I could do it quicker now that I know what I'm doing.

I honestly can't remember how many plugs there were, but I know it wasn't immediately obvious. There was at least one that was hiding from me under there.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Check and make sure you got all the plugs. If I remember correctly, I forgot one and had the same problem. I found it hiding under the carpet a little bit.

Marlon, the hatch looks fantastic. Well done.
[/b]

Thanks, need to let my hands heal before I attack the Wagon!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I have dark graphite and blue (almost black and blue), I'll post when I take pix

·
Registered
444 Posts
Thanks, need to let my hands heal before I attack the Wagon!
[/b]

id be so deseperated if i were you

you know the driver seat was the last seat i did, and it was the hardest of all... i got so mad! i wouldnt imagine me doing another car

21 - 40 of 86 Posts