Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03, and I just wanted to know how everone's (who have 03's) leather is holding up. Mine is wrinkling up a bit near the left and ride sides of the driver and passenger seats. My back seats are doing the same but nothing as bad as the front. BUT I am writing this because this morning I noticed the leather is starting to become loose right near the stitching where your butt goes....

This happening to anyone else??!? I know the wrinkling is inevitable, but I think I might need to take it to someone and get it re-stretched or something. I use Lexol conditioning and and cleaner on a weekly basis. Although sometimes I do miss a week. What do you think I should do?

Any input appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Hmm... mines an '04, and I've noticed some wrinkling on the seat bottoms of primarily my driver's seat and a tad on my passenger seat. My back seats are prestine because I hardly ever use them.

You coat that stuff weekly? That's some kind of commitment. The stuff I use (Prestige) I put on once every 3 months. It has worked like a charm so far.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm... mines an '04, and I've noticed some wrinkling on the seat bottoms of primarily my driver's seat and a tad on my passenger seat. My back seats are prestine because I hardly ever use them.

You coat that stuff weekly? That's some kind of commitment. The stuff I use (Prestige) I put on once every 3 months. It has worked like a charm so far.
[/b]
maybe not the cleaner...but the conditioner I do. Especially after It rains and i get into my car a little wet (which sucks) =/

·
Registered
467 Posts
The driver's seat is wrinkling pretty badly, despite keeping up with conditioner. Most pictures I see have the same so I'm not worried. Not totally happy, but what can you do.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
2004 62 w/ leather...

Mine looks about like I expected after 22,000 miles of wear. I've seen very few (very expensive) cars with leather that looked better and a whole lot of cars that had leather that looked much worse.

Any leather seating will wrinkle over time because it stretches when you sit it in it - unless it is hard leather (which I hate in a car), and THAT cracks without a lot of care.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts