Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has black leather seats and only about 1,200 miles on it. I fit fine and the support is good but I am having a slight discomfort coming from the bottom cushion.

Basically, the bottom cushion center (the part your butt sits on) is divided into three parts. In my seat, it feels like the center part of the three is "full of air" or "overstuffed". So instead of sitting in the seat, it feels like I'm sitting on a bump. Anyone else notice something like this? Or am I just "different"? :)

I didn't notice this during the test drive or early on. Maybe as the seats break in a wear, it'll disappear? It is fairly uncomfortable, though. I'll be taking the car in to get a scratch repaired (above the license plate, it was there when I bought the car but didn't notice it until later) so I"ll ask the dealer about this and maybe sit in another 6 to compare.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Reading Topic: Leather seats comfort

I wonder is that some type of lumbar suuport in the bottom of the seat as well as the back?

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

No, that's the rectum support. :D

·
Registered
526 Posts

Hate to say it, but I've got over 2,000 miles on my car with several 3-4 hour stints and they're the most comfortable seats I've ever had.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Ruefus. You frightened me to death with the first half of that statement.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Leather seats comfort'

I have black leather as well and no prob. You may want to go to your dealer and sit in another 6 with the leather and see if it feels the same to you or if it is your seat that is not right. If the seat in the other car than you should take that up with your dealer of what to do to fix the defect.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Yeah, I'll test my ass in another 6 and we'll see. Maybe my ass is just incompatible with these :D It's not a huge deal and in worst case, I'm sure any upholstery shop could modify the cushion for a reasonable fee.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Originally posted by CzechMate

Yeah, I'll test my ass in another 6 and we'll see. Maybe my ass is just incompatible with these :D It's not a huge deal and in worst case, I'm sure any upholstery shop could modify the cushion for a reasonable fee.[/b]
Pfffhhht. Chances are the seats are made by Microsoft.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Well then...I'll have to find a Linux version and modify it to my liking :D

·
Registered
286 Posts

I recently embarked on an 9-hour excursion up the East Coast (effectively adding another 1200+ miles on my car) and found that my seats were super comfortable. I stopped only three times, two for gas and once for food, but wasn't out of the car longer than 5 minutes at a time. Driving that car was a dream!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

love the seats....black leather hear as well....quite comfortable, and the right amount of support.

-yasir

·
Registered
376 Posts

it's certainly a dream to drive that much! but i have no doubt that these 1200 extra miles are affecting your moral a little... as of now, i am around 1300 km in a week, so far no trouble with the seats, as well as my ass... i fight with my girlfriend to get the wheel... fortunatelly, i'm still stronger!

in fact, this car is remarcably comfortable!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Well, today I tinkered with the adjustments and I think I have eliminated the problem. I had the seat all the way down (and I mean all the way) and raising the rear via the rocker switch a little bit seems to have virtually eliminate the hump. We'll see how it holds up in more extensive driving, but seems that this was a user error. Next time, maybe I should RTFM :)

·
Registered
119 Posts

You're right about tinkering with the adjustments. It can take forever to get that sweet comfortable spot. Bring on the auto memory NOW mazda & retro fit it to all board members cars FOC.

I just hate it when the good women at 160cms drives it & then i have to reset the seat for my 193cm frame. It gets easier but it is still a PIA.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts