Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just want to see if any of you have Leather handbrake handle?

My Canadian 6 is suppose to come with leather handbrake handle yet I was given Plastic handbrake handle.
I was basically told "too bad" by Mazda Canada, and I am a little pissed.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Welcome, what model and year is your car? Was it bought brand new or used?

·
Registered
97 Posts
QUOTE (Jimmyche @ Nov 19 2008, 01:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1478690
Hello,

My Canadian 6 is suppose to come with leather handbrake handle yet I was given Plastic handbrake handle.

Thanks.[/b]
Now that you mentioned it, I checked my 2009 M6-I4 GT and I also have a plastic handbrake PLUS a plastic shift knob (with a chrome insert in the middle). Could be just the manual transmission has the leather-wrapped shift knob though, IDK. Here's what the 2009 brochure says :

SEAT And TRIM (cont’d) GS-I4 Gt-I4 GS-V6 Gt-V6
Leather-wrapped 3-spoke steering wheel CP S CP S
Leather-wrapped shift knob CP S CP S
Leather-wrapped parking-brake handle CP S CP S

Yeah, I'm kinda pissed too. Thank God the steering wheel is leather-wrapped though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (SamSamSam @ Nov 19 2008, 02:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1478835
Welcome, what model and year is your car? Was it bought brand new or used?[/b]
Hello, I brought my 2009 Mazda 6 brand new 3 weeks ago.
It's the Canadian 4 cylinder GT fully loaded except Navi.

It's basically the same as the Grand touring except blind spot monitor.

·
Registered
155 Posts
QUOTE (Jimmyche @ Nov 20 2008, 12:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1479255
Hello, I brought my 2009 Mazda 6 brand new 3 weeks ago.
It's the Canadian 4 cylinder GT fully loaded except Navi.

It's basically the same as the Grand touring except blind spot monitor.[/b]
Welcome,I have the same car,what colour is yours and where you at.... :drive:

·
Registered
155 Posts
QUOTE (Jimmyche @ Nov 20 2008, 06:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1479510
I have the Comet Grey and I live in Vancouver.

Are you pissed that the new mazda 3 has the Speed sensing auto door lock and the turn signal on side mirror?
I know I am.[/b]
I thought the doors did lock automatically(I'll have to check) and yeah I would like the signal mirrors.... :irate:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm in the US and my 6i GT has leather wrapped shifter and handbrake. So, I'm gonna assume that the ones in Canada are different? That sounded totally stupid, but figured I'd contribute.

·
Registered
97 Posts
QUOTE (just me @ Nov 22 2008, 01:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1480195
I'm in the US and my 6i GT has leather wrapped shifter and handbrake. So, I'm gonna assume that the ones in Canada are different? That sounded totally stupid, but figured I'd contribute.[/b]
Do you have a manual or automatic transmission? This picture is from the US Mazda site gallery interior view for the 6. It looks exactly like mine and mine are plastic. Does yours look different?

·
Registered
155 Posts
QUOTE (Jimmyche @ Nov 19 2008, 01:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1478690
Hello,

Thanks.[/b]
My steering wheel and shift knob are both leather but the handbrake handle is plastic............

·
Registered
34 Posts
QUOTE (sylvaing @ Nov 23 2008, 10:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1480766
Do you have a manual or automatic transmission? This picture is from the US Mazda site gallery interior view for the 6. It looks exactly like mine and mine are plastic. Does yours look different?

[/b]
I just went out to my car to double check, and mine is just like Brampton6s. My steering wheel and shift knob are both leather but the handbrake handle is plastic.

·
Registered
97 Posts
QUOTE (just me @ Nov 24 2008, 09:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1480872
I just went out to my car to double check, and mine is just like Brampton6s. My steering wheel and shift knob are both leather but the handbrake handle is plastic.[/b]
You know what, I double checked too and you're right, the shift (just added the 'f' after proof reading LOL ) knob is leather. It's just sewed so tight that I thought it was plastic. The handbrake on the other hand is really plastic, no doubt about that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My sales sent me this from Mazda Canada.
This is pissing.

Product Information Bulletin

October 26, 2008

TO: All Mazda Dealers

RE: 2009MY Mazda6 Parking Brake Handle-Specification Update

Please note that all 2009 Mazda 6’s are built with standard PVC parking brake handles. Our original specifications and features guide (including brochures and website information) indicated that all 2009 Mazda 6 GS models with Comfort Package and all GT trim levels were to be built with a “leather wrapped” brake handle. This information is incorrect. Additionally, a leather wrapped parking brake is not available as an option, nor is it available as an accessory.

ACTION REQUIRED

Please share this information with all dealership management and staff to ensure that this updated information is communicated to your customers. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Nigel Smith
Manager, Product Strategies & Development
Mazda Canada Inc.[/b]

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have own 2006 mazda 6 wagon and my dog thought my hand brake handle was a good snack. See pic. I live on the west coast in Canada. Any idea where I can find a replacement and how to replace it?
dog snack.JPG

1 - 19 of 19 Posts