Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what products or methods are the most effective for taking care of leather portions of the interior. I have a sport model so I just need to keep up with the steering wheel and shift cover. I was thinking about going with this product to use for the car and some personal items. What advice do you all have for taking care of leather, keeping it from cracking and such?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does this conditioner help with ring scuffs on the wheel. This steering wheel does not hold up as well as I would expect. I am at the point where I my have to re wrap the wheel.

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Like Zeffer said, Chemical guys is absolutely the way to go.

Personally, I've always used Griot's Garage and love their products, but the whole world seems to testify to Chemical Guys.

Does this conditioner help with ring scuffs on the wheel. This steering wheel does not hold up as well as I would expect. I am at the point where I my have to re wrap the wheel.
I haven't been able to get the small scuffs off my steering wheel either unfortunately.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I've been using a combination of Meguiars leather cleaner and Chemical Guys leather cream on my parchment leather seats. So far, so good. And the CG cream smells great in the car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
679 Posts
Have tried all the ones recommended. All good but I'm not a fan of the smell of any of them or smells in general....

For your particular application (steering wheel and shift cover) it is important to use a product that is non greasy/slippery.

I have found this [ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXP0WIY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame] product to be the best of the best when comes to conditioning and preserving leather. Wipe the area clean with a wet microfiber, let dry and apply. Takes very little time to "cure". Besides that it looks like new you can't tell it was ever applied.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I use Chemical Guys and another thing guys the have a air freshener that smells of real leather Wally World has it and when I apply the leather cleaner/conditioner I clean it first with a soft micro cloth then after it’s clean I put the conditioner on my hand and rub it in then I buff it off later.

·
Banned
703 Posts
Whatever you use, I'd suggest using a horsehair/soft bristle brush to scrub the cleaner in. wipe off with a damp microfibre cloth, and then use a dry one. It really helps to lift all the dirt and oils out of the seats and make them feel much more clean.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I’m looking at genuine sheepskin bottom cover that you place on the seat I found it on eBay for less than twenty bucks I’m getting it in black to match the seats and with this Texas heat it can help for not burning ones butt.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Last night I put Lexol that came on a two sponges on the seats I put it on heavy and I’m just letting it soak into the seats and leather and today I’m going to give it a lite buff.

Oh I used my hands to get into the nooks and crannies instead of a rag because the rag will just soak up all the Lexol which I don’t want.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I’m looking at genuine sheepskin bottom cover that you place on the seat I found it on eBay for less than twenty bucks I’m getting it in black to match the seats and with this Texas heat it can help for not burning ones butt.
Were you able to get one?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
10 Participants
Archerfish
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing