Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I bought a Speed6 with 15k on it less than 6 weeks ago. Had a few issues with shifting but that was solved by getting an oil change to fully synthetic, changing out the tranny fluid, short shifter and engine mount but i noticed i was leaking a bit in my parking lot the other day so i decided to take it to the shop.

Sure enough after removing the front skid plat we discovered a bit of a pool of lubricant. Not tranny fluid, not oil -- definitely lubricant but couldn't figure out exactly where it was coming from but we suspected a broken or cracked seal.

I take it to the dealership and it took them 2-3 hours to find the leak, said it was fine but they needed to order some parts (everything covered under warranty).

They called me today and said the parts were in but my car would need to be in the shop for 2 maybe 3 days?!?!?! I can't seem to get any straight answers out of them...

I'm new to cars in general .... any ideas why they would need the car for 2 - 3 days?? Seems a little more than a minor issue?

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Perhaps a leaky TC? I had this problem a few weeks ago and the stealer-ship took from Monday to Friday before I could driver her again. But, they had other problems like broken studs, broken O2 sensor, low coolant, n00b mech etc. Those bastards! If it is a leaky TC, it is a common problem and should all be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Uh. Maybe their master tech is off this weekend?

·
Premium Member
229 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I'm betting that it's your front PTO seal that's shot.
Replaced mine at 20,000 miles, shortly after I replaced the rear seal :(
my dealer had to order the seals as it's not something they keep in stock, I'm guessing some of that 2-3 day timeframe will be waiting for the seal to arrive.
If I remember, my tech had a hard time with mine, maybe they are planning for the worst???

·
Registered
698 Posts
You should be entitled to a rental if you're under warranty.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didnt know that but it may be different up north. Ill ask and see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts