Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you laptop people what brand do you use and do you like or dislike it? I just replaced my Hp with this Sony Vaio http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1142291022235

The main reason is the screen, the xbrite technology for the screen is top notch. And the price is just right, Maybe you hard core tech guys dont like the Celeron chip but for me I dont think I will notice a difference for home use compared to the upper end Intel chips.

Its not all perfect, I would have preferred the whole laptop to be in black to cut down on fingerprint marks but thats it. Enjoying it so far.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I have an A130 Intel Centrino, got it becoz of it's small size and the screen. Yet, I'm still keeping my Fujitsu Lifebook S2000, got it becoz of it's huge screen for gaming purpose. Both are in silver, so scratches are not noticeable.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey is what my Sony replaced. A 8.2 pd HP. Way too heavy, but a very durable build. It has Harmon Kardon speakers which I dont think you can find on new ones now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
had this one:

1.7ghz, 512ram, 80gb, 14"1 screen

now I have this one:

1.2ghz, 512 ram, 60gb, 10"4 screen, dvd burner....:)

xbrite is great :D

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts

HP dv4275nr
"High-Definition BrightView Widescreen" which is really nice (though hard to see in sunlight). Just upgrade the memory to 1.2 Gig's from 512, runs like a charm, and only with 1.73 GHz Centrino M Processor. Oh an mins black and you STILL see finger marks :D

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Got a Dell Inspiron 600m. 1.5 GHz Centrino, 512MB RAM, 8x DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Burner, 40GB, Integrated 802.11 a/b/g, ATI Radeon 9000, 15" SXGA.

LOVE it because I got it for $750 SHIPPED 2nd day Business Delivery (shipping was a fluke somehow). It was a bargain when I got it a year ago and it is still a bargain today.

I don't think I'll ever go back to a desktop what with the amount of business travel I do. It was much thinner and lighter than I expected (Dell does a terrible job showcasing their laptops online). I can get about 4 hours of battery time off this thing easily and I think the longest I went was somewhere close to 5.

Performance-wise, it is great for all my business needs (Word/Excel/Etc.). I can burn DVD's quickly and the wireless works pretty well. Gaming, of course is limited by the Radeon 9000. Believe it or not, Half Life 2 was playable at 800x600 at the very lowest detail. I know I missed out on some of the best graphics out there but I just HAD to play HL2 somehow. I like classic games and ROMs and the 600M handles them like a champ.

For the amount that I use it, this laptop was the best value of anything I have ever purchased. It's not pretty like the MacBook Pro but for the price, that means I don't have to baby it and lose sleep over every scratch.

I plan to get another Laptop in the future. Not a fan of 17" notebooks so I'll stick with thin 15" or 15.4". Graphics power will be a requirement next time since I want to play all these new games at a decent detail/framerate level.

hmm...this turned out to be a long-ass review, huh? Well that's cuz I love it so much.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Right now I've got a Compaq 1700 and it's almost 6 years old...still does what I need it to do though (for the most part). I'm looking at getting an HP dv5135 though...this one...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1140393565053

It's just a matter of whether or not I want to spend the money on it. It will definitely happen if I get a new job here soon!!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
^^me too. looks like the same laptop too.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i recently just got a dell inspiron e1505 with 2 gigs and i love it, i play with it all day and it is sweet. i highly reccomend it

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Thinkpad R40

Its 3 years old and still physically solid. I hope the Lenovo deal didn't affect their quality as I've had about 4 ThinkPads in my lifetime and all were rocks.

·
Registered
375 Posts
ive got an emachines...
same thing as gateway only with a better bios

anyways

its a amd 64 3000+
512 mb ram stock its now 1.2gb
60gb hard drive, dont need more cause its just a laptop
big widescreen

64 mb ati 9600 graphics card plays most games, callto duty 2, gta sa, nfs most wanted

·
Registered
46 Posts
Compaq Presario V2665US:
AMD Turion 64 Mobile @ 1.8ghz
1gig DDR
ATI Radeon Xpress 200M IGP with 128MB DDR
120gig Hard Drive
WIFI & Bluetooth Integrated
6-in-1 integrated Media Reader
Ethernet LAN & 56k Modem
Altec Lansing speakers
14.0" WXGA High-Definition BrightView Widescreen Display (1280x768)
DVD Burner w/ Lightscribe

Great for what I need it to do. Dont play games on it because of my monster home pc.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Old sony VAIO. Runs XP home, runs off wireless card via card slot.Works well, got it like 2 years ago. Slim a$$ thing too without the docking station that houses the DVD/CDRW and floppy.

Im happy with it. We have a decent frankenstein comp that is used for online gaming and such. Runnin on fiberoptic!

·
Registered
352 Posts
HP Pavilion dv5051, AMD Turion ML-37, 1 GB Ram, 100 Gig Hd, XP Media Edition and a cute little remote control for movies and such. Love the wide screen.

I don't buy anything but AMD and haven't since my first AMD DX-66Mhz that replaced my Intel DX-25.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
33 Participants
migueloo
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing