Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at purchasing a Blue Mazda 6, and I was wondering if it shows dirt easily? I know that it is a bright color, and chouldn't show dirt as well as the grey, but it's still blue.... Can anyone out there with a blue 6 answer this qeustion for me? I might go with yellow if it is easier to keep clean...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Reading Topic: Lapis/Sonic Blue

The cars at the local dealer were a bit dirty last time I was there as it had recently snowed and the roads were slushy. The red and blue seemed to show the dirt the least. The black the most... (The silver was inside and clean. :)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Sweet! That's good to hear, because I really like the blue. It's the most vibrant blue I've ever seen on a car. All of Ford's cars at NAIAS were painted that color, I wonder why? :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Lapis/Sonic Blue'

I have a lapis 6 and its not too bad to keep clean, better than black but the lighter colors usually hide dirt better. My old car was silver and it could go for months and still look good. The 6 has only looked really bad after driving in the slush and salt.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Yes, yes. We have a silver '02 Civic and it can go for months (non-winter) and still look fairly clean. I don't think there is a good color out there that can resist slush and salt. Maybe primer grey. :)

·
Registered
683 Posts

I was under the assumption that Lapis Blue and Sonic Blue were two different colors... the lapis being darker...the sonic lighter and more mettalic.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Lapis Blue
Sonic Blue / ( Same color for NA people, just different names)
and
Pacific Blue ( The rest of the world )

·
Registered
174 Posts

Originally posted by kyler13
            I'm thinking yellow will show dirt more than blue.[/b]
When this topic came up earlier, someone said that yellow was the color chosen for taxi cabs partly because it shows less dirt than other colors. FWIW :shrug:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

I figured yellow was the color chosen for taxi cabs because it stands out. Besides, the only place I've been to where most of the cabs are yellow is good ol' NYC. Here in DC, they drive all colors.

Look at it this way... Dirt tends to leave a gray/black/brown residue. Seems to me a lighter color will contrast more.

·
Registered
895 Posts

What about the steel gray metallic? I'm thinking of purchasing a 6 in that color due to my living in Buffalo, NY. Roads are constantly salty and dirty during the winter.

- John

·
Registered
315 Posts

Sonic blue is a Ford color that appears on the SVT Focus and Cobra. The Lapis blue is a different shade, similar but different.

As far as keeping a dark blue like the lapis clean, sure you can...with a lot of work. :)
I had a dark metallic blue car like the lapis. It was gorgeous when clean but shows everything from salt film to water spots much more than a bright red (not the dark red as the US 6 red).
All dark colors show color more such as black, dark red, dark grey. Bright red, silver, yellow don't show dirt, salt, water spots as much because the reflected light is much brighter thus giving your eyes the illusion of being cleaner.

Tome

·
Registered
77 Posts

But Lapis Blue is more of a bright medium blue than a dark blue. I have a black car right now that will be traded for a Lapis Blue 6s this week and I KNOW that it wont be anywhere near as much work to keep up as the black was.

·
Registered
65 Posts

The glacier silver hides dirt very well. Any darker color is going to be harder to keep clean. An exception may be the dark gray color which should be better than the blue's.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

Lapis is like a medium vibrant blue.

Anyway, pollen is a real killer. Wake up in the morning, and I have a fine coat of yellow dust on the car.

I don't know, after I wash mine, its dirty again in 3 days.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Originally posted by GreenNuggs

Lapis is like a medium vibrant blue.

Anyway, pollen is a real killer. Wake up in the morning, and I have a fine coat of yellow dust on the car.

I don't know, after I wash mine, its dirty again in 3 days.[/b]
Gee, I wouldn't know what that's like. It's rained 5 out of 7 days a week since late April. I washed my car back on April 12 and haven't had an opportunity to since. What's it doing today? Pouring rain. I'm returning my car washing accessories next weekend.

Seattle ain't got nothin' on DC!

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

The problem with my Strato Blue is that you can see the dirty very easy even the water spot in the paint, but I like my Dirty Strato Blue 6.
Maybe, will need more care than other colors

1 - 17 of 17 Posts