Mazda 6 Forums banner

Langka Products

2K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  lazybusinessman 
#1 ·
has anyone used this before? i have a long scratch on my back passenger door i need to fix. i know someone on this forum suggested this product to me before but i havent gotten around to ordering it yet. i was just wondering if anyone used it for scratches (that were too deep to be buffed out) and how well it worked. i already have the touch up paint in a pen, but i want it to look like it never happen.

http://www.langka.com/ thanks!

#2 ·
I have used this on some deep scratch on my car but unfortunately it is too hard to make it perfect and also due to the slightly different colour from the touchup paint that I have, it isn't perfect to what I expect.

It does work with touchup paint in a sense to level the surface but I guess you will need a lot of practice to make it work perfectly.

#5 ·
Let me just say the mastering the leveling seems to be my main handicap.

If I can explain it correctly, the Langka product will soften the touchup paint, allowing you to scrap off the excess leaving an even, level surface to re-harden. Only I screw it up, and end up starting over by putting more langka on so I can clean out all the touch up paint and start over. It probably doesn't help that where I'm trying to use it is the edge of the hood where it meets the grill, but I have a tendancy to not sweep off the excess correctly. I haven't exactly had a lot of time to play with it, or get good at it.

If you are a paitient person, or willing to try something new, by all means, pick some up. Follow the instructions, and let us know how it goes. If I remember correctly, it wasn't arm and leg price, and now I have the desire to go out and try to level off my chip again. Too bad I'll be out of town this weekend, so I can't get all anal about it saturday...

#6 ·
well ill probably order it tomorrow hopefully have it fast. the scratch is on my door so i think i can get a pretty good clean swipe. its like 40 bucks for the whole kit. doesnt seem like a horrible price if it does what it says.

#7 ·
Due to its small price I don't think it hurts to try it out. Just that I hope you don't hold too much faith in doing a perfect job or unless you are kind of person that is very skillful at the finest level.

Also try to use as little touch up paint as possible and only enough to fill up the chip or crack part of the panel. And this is one other difficult part as well.

#8 ·
yeah im not expecting wonders. i just want the scratch "somewhat" gone. i know it wont be perfect but im hoping it will look decent enough to not look like a scratch anymore.

and yeah i plan on using a toothpick to dab in the paint. thats if the paint pen is too thick which i think it will be.

would it be a good idea to try and buff the area after the scratch has been "fixed"? i mean not right away but wait like...a few days?

#9 ·
Yes, my suggestion is getting the pack from langka where it contains the 3 products with cleaner, bob terminator and the sealant in one package. So you can do your job with all the neccessary materials there. Follow their instructions with these 3 products then the last step is using your own choice of car polish, wax for the final touch.

#11 ·
The reason some say the paint won't match after touch up is because in metallic paints, the metal flakes rise to the top as it dries.

Then, when you use the Langka, it removes a disproportionate amount of the flakes, so it doesn't match.

On solid colors, I let the touch up dry for 2 or 3 days before using the Langka. This allows the Langka to work slower (giving me more control) because the touched up area is harder.

On metallics, try wiping the area immediately after applying the touch up, with the edge of the blue card. This way the metallic flakes will still be evenly distributed. Let it dry for a day or so, then use the Langka carefully to wipe away the smear you left, staying away from the touched up area.

#13 ·
On metallics, try wiping the area immediately after applying the touch up, with the edge of the blue card. This way the metallic flakes will still be evenly distributed. Let it dry for a day or so, then use the Langka carefully to wipe away the smear you left, staying away from the touched up area.
[/b]
ok im a little slow this morning....but i also have metallic paint. so your saying apply the touch up paint, then just use the card to wipe away the excess? after that use the product to remove the blobs?

so it should go like this
1. apply paint
2. use card to get excess
3. apply product

#14 ·
What he means is, soon after the touchup paint is put on, immediately wipe off the excess wet paint with the card Langka provided. Wait for the paint to dry as normal, then use the Langka Terminator to remove the blobs around the edges, but trying to avoid the touchup paint on the top of the fill-up area.

#16 ·
update....

i tried to do what you told me but the touch up paint dried too fast. should i do it in really small areas and wipe after every blob?

i used the lanka stuff and it worked really well. got rid of all the excess touch up paint which was nice. the only problem is it lighten up the "scratch" area paint. so the scratch is now level with the car which is awesome, but you can still see it since the paint is lighter. any suggestions?

#17 ·
What did you apply the touchup paint with? I find using the brush with the bottle supplied from the touchup paint, it stay wet for a little while.

I am in the same boat as you when it comes to the lighter paint with the touchup as I posted earlier. But I haven't tried the new method yet.

#18 ·
at first i tried the little swabs they give you with the kit....and they sucked. i then used the paint pen i had ordered which worked pretty well. after that i tried to dab it with the touch up paint brush in just a tiny area and that worked best. ill work on it more tomorrow.

#20 ·
update....

i tried to do what you told me but the touch up paint dried too fast. should i do it in really small areas and wipe after every blob?

i used the lanka stuff and it worked really well. got rid of all the excess touch up paint which was nice. the only problem is it lighten up the "scratch" area paint. so the scratch is now level with the car which is awesome, but you can still see it since the paint is lighter. any suggestions?
[/b]
Just a thought. The way a paint looks will change depending on what it's put on top of. Could the repair be lighter because the chip also took off the primer coat, so bare metal is exposed, and you're putting the touch up paint on to the light colored metal?

I haven't tried to fix any chips on my car yet, but the primer coat on my MS6 is black. Any color that is not a really dark colour (ie. black or dark blue) would look darker on a black primer coat than on a light gray or bare metal base. If this is the case, try putting on a black base coat first, before putting on the factory touch up paint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.