Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I tried to push her a bit and also pratice my fast and smoonth shift work. :D
But I found that just after I shifted to 3rd gear and the car hesitate a bit (around 0.1 second?) before it pulls hard... I shifted 2nd gear at 5500rpm. I am just wondering has anyone experience the same thing as me? Is it normal turbo lag or boost leak? The hesitation not only happen once. Appreciate for your advise. Thanks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Today I tried to push her a bit and also pratice my fast and smoonth shift work. :D
But I found that just after I shifted to 3rd gear and the car hesitate a bit (around 0.1 second?) before it pulls hard... I shifted 2nd gear at 5500rpm. I am just wondering has anyone experience the same thing as me? Is it normal turbo lag or boost leak? The hesitation not only happen once. Appreciate for your advise. Thanks.
[/b]
yes it is just turbo lag, try to stay on the gas a little bit while shifting (the engine will rev up a tad between your shifts) this will keep the turbo spooled better, but will wear your clutch faster.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Same thing here, mine even from 3rd to 4th. It feels like a stutter/miss, but I am happy to hear it may just be lag. I will try to shift and back on the gas quicker.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Will a CAI and BOV help to minimise the lag?
[/b]
prolly not... but it wont hurt and I pomise the sound with the CAI will be worth it :D :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just finished with mine CAI on Friday, and flying the jet now. The sound is just killing me. Sometimes I just press the gas pedal for no other reason then to hear the jet leaving the ground. It was worth waiting(saving) for. It did not help the lag, but I thing there is a noticeable gain in the higher gears. M2C

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Just finished with mine CAI on Friday, and flying the jet now. The sound is just killing me. Sometimes I just press the gas pedal for no other reason then to hear the jet leaving the ground. It was worth waiting(saving) for. It did not help the lag, but I thing there is a noticeable gain in the higher gears. M2C
[/b]
Yes, I know the feeling. I'm loving mine. I'm so glad that there is more power up on the top end. It no longer feels like someone threw an anchor out the window when I hit the 5500 mark on the tach.!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Really? Is that true? can anyone verify that by turning off DSC will minimize lag in between shift?

What other benefits could there be by turning it off? For ex. Gas consumption? That is if I drive under normal day to day city/hwy driving condition, i m not sure if I can notice the difference with or without DSC on

Did you turn off the DSC?

If not, that is your "lag" problem
[/b]

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
With DSC on, sometimes you can sense the hesitation from the engine due to the DSC is monitoring all the data from wheel slipping then intervene. I find it happens most of the time when going up an incline trying with some decent acceleration, then this slight hesitation might come in for a split second, then power back up the incline.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
M6Gr8
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing