Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just quoted $354.47 to R&R the springs and do an alignment! WTF

The shop told me 4hrs to swap the springs and 2hrs to align.

I'm looking to have a set of Tanabe NF's installed and the shop wanted to know if they came with the camber kit that IS needed. I disagree, could anyone help? and yes, I read thru the "sticky". and yes, I searched. I need some SOLID advice. I would like to have this done this weekend.

BTW, doing the job myself is not really an option due to a back injury.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I had a Mazda dealer quote me over 500 as a special price to install Mazdaspeed springs. I'm hoping to find someone locally to help me with it over SEVERAL packs of beer.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There should be people in your area that can help you do it for the cost of a 6 pack of beer
[/b]
You would think! you want to drive up and see the flat part of CA.??lol

I had a Mazda dealer quote me over 500 as a special price to install Mazdaspeed springs. I'm hoping to find someone locally to help me with it over SEVERAL packs of beer.
[/b]

Just got off the phone with another shop willing to install and re-check the toe for $150.00! getting better.

·
Registered
484 Posts
$150 is totally reasonable - if it's a decent shop, I'd go with them. Lord knows it took me forever to do it myself, but I bet a shop could bang these out in 2-3 hours or less.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Well, I paid $570 for coilovers, rear sway, magnaflows with all adjustments and a full alignment.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
150 is VERY good. It should take 2-3 hours normally. I think 150 is a very fair price.
[/b]
I thinks so. I'm getting them in next week. I'll post pics when it's done.

·
Registered
498 Posts
to re-check the toe[/b]
This probably means they will either check your alignment for free or they will drive over a toe gauge and tell you if it is out. Make sure that includes adjustments (not just the toe). Otherwise, they might charge you 100-150 for an 'exotic' alignment because you have springs.

We used to screw people like that.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I paid a local brake place $160 to install my eibachs a few years ago. Weren't many people with a 6 back in 2003, and I didn't know any other way to get a spring compressor. I took a copy of the installation instructions with me, which helped.

I think it took about 2 hours.

·
Registered
799 Posts
FUCK how da fuck do you get the holes back together again once youve placed the springs back in??? ive been at this for 5 hours now and i cant fuking get the holes aligned again SHIIIT mother [email protected]#$ing son of [email protected]#$%@ AHHHH
[/b]
you must be talking about the rears! yup those are a pain in the ass, hopefully you have that bolt back in by now :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Springs arrived today, too cool! I'll post before and after pics after the install.
[/b]
What is the name of the shop and were are they located?
I live in the Fresno area and was quoted $600-650 for springs and shocks for my wagon..........Ouch!
If they do a decent job I will take my wagon to them.
Let me know.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just phoned my mazda dealer, they can order the mazdaspeed springs for 360 from the states (I live in Canada)
anyway, the manger told me that it will take about an hr to do a corner which is 9x bux an hr......

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Without a lift, I can do rear springs from start to finish in 25-30 minutes per side. Might check around at a small muffler/shock shop that is hungry for business, they'll probably cut you a better deal. Springs are not exactly rocket science...

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
just have a shop do the front springs if your lazy... so you dont pay as much and you can do the rear springs yourself. the rear are EASY.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
just have a shop do the front springs if your lazy... so you dont pay as much and you can do the rear springs yourself. the rear are EASY.
[/b]
I just love how people say all these jobs are easy...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
18 Participants
MZBuckeye
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing