Mazda 6 Forums banner

Labor charge for clutch replacement

10K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  fullmetal6 
#1 ·
Any ideas? I might go for the Daikin kit, which is a steal for "$159.00".

But how much will the dealer charge for labor?

Let me know.

Thanks

#3 ·
Any ideas? I might go for the Daikin kit, which is a steal for "$159.00".

But how much will the dealer charge for labor?

Let me know.

Thanks
[/b]
I got a quote in Phoenix for $340 including something they need to do to the flywheel. I AM NOT TAKING IT TO A DEALER. If I don't get a SPEED6 this weekend, I am orderring that clutch too.

#4 ·
$340 including resurfacing the flywheel?did that include the clutch kit?????The reason i ask is that i just had mine replaced and the book rate is just under 7 hours for r&r on the clutch.$340 sounds really cheap for that.Daiken makes the clutch for mazda with the V6.not sure for the 4cyl.

#5 ·
$340 including resurfacing the flywheel?did that include the clutch kit?????The reason i ask is that i just had mine replaced and the book rate is just under 7 hours for r&r on the clutch.$340 sounds really cheap for that.Daiken makes the clutch for mazda with the V6.not sure for the 4cyl.
[/b]
Yeah. Its $300 for the clutch install and $40 for the resurface.

I am supplying the clutch.

#6 ·
[/b]
well, then no point in going for the Daiken OEM........Daiken OEM = Crappy / Juddering clutch

#8 ·
I love Ukraine for this point...
Clutch and flywheel replace at Mazda dealer is... 60$ :)

#9 ·
With what everyone is getting out of their stock clutch I have a feeling my clutch is just about due. Im at 38k and if I had to replace mine now and the dealer doesn't cover it then my plans for my car are gone.

What do you guys think. If I lose the clutch this deep in the mileage will they cover me?

#11 ·
#13 ·
I just bought the ACT stage one kit for my car, 379.00, having a friend install it for 250. No new flywheel! just getting the old one resurfaced. I was quoted 575 from many other place's..really exspensive upgrade or repair for only having 30k on the car.
[/b]
You may want to do a search on the ACT stage one kit. I believe alot of people were having trouble with that clutch which is one of the reasons the RPMStore stopped carrying them. For that price from what I read, the Clutchmasters Stage 1 is being recommended.

Ooops...maybe I should have done a search before that last post....people were reporting issues with the SPEC stage 1 clutch not the ACT stage 1 clutch. Sorry for any confusion

#14 ·
I just dropped $1,200 on a new clutch (including used flywheel) for my beater '98 Altima. Worked out to be half labor and half parts :tear:
Just 22K and 18 months after Cottman replaced it, with their 90 day warranty:swearin:
Found a new shop with a 2 year 24K warranty.
Expensive lesson.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.