Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This morning I was checking out the LA Auto Show website for the 2003 auto show and I came across this. Every year, sponser companies of the show put together their products on a given car, last year and eclispe, this year a 6s. I am assuming the car was provided by mazda but anyway it looks pretty cool. The engine is stock but the body kit, passenger entertainment, paint, suspension, wheels, and tires have all been upgraded. BTW Alpine audio did a custom molded dashboard with a 7inch DVD widescreen which looks sweet.

http://www.laautoshow.com/mazda6.asp

·
Registered
71 Posts
Replying to Topic 'LA Auto Show's Mazda 6'

Cool, I'm definitely gonna go this year; last year was kinda lame, but lots of new car this year and this one is definitely a must see. Thx for the info :D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They've fitted a DIN-STEREO IN THE CENTRE CONSOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yihaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

·
Registered
514 Posts

Baaah... I'd much rather send out the factory stereo to a professional hifi do-gooder to add in line-level outputs to the radio, or- more simply- get an amp that takes line level inputs (many high end amps do). Why lose the factory steering wheel controls? And with an MP3 deck available, I definitely dont see a need.

-Alt

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Yeah and Alpine project cars get a LOT of work done to them. They don't fool around. They're capable of completely gutting a car and creating new molded consoles, side and rear enclosements. So I wouldn't be surprised if they went through a great deal (i.e. very expensive) amount of trouble to get the DIN radio in there. Probably more then most of us would feel comfortable spending.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They've fitted a DIN-STEREO IN THE CENTRE CONSOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yihaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D[/b]
lol. They also fit a screen in there. lol

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Hard to tell, but as said, I'm sure it was a super custom job. I would like to see consoles! Fun stuff, lots of possibilities.

·
Registered
21 Posts

I'll be working at the LA Auto Show.

Working in the Oldsmobile display. If your attending the show, swing by and say hi. It will be much more fun to talk about exciting cars like the Mazda 6, compared to answering the same question all day long:

"Hey, isn't Oldsmobile going out of business." :zzz

For the record, Oldsmobile is being phased out, at the end of model year 2004 they will be done.

-Chad

·
Registered
657 Posts

The guy who installed the system was Steve Head and the Audionutz crew, out by tampa FL. I've hung out with them at Spring Break Nationals last year, and they were debuting the Alpine RSX, Steve's own red RSX, and a few other cars. They do great work, let me tell you.... Probably one of the best in the world.

And for the record, as to how custom the Alpine cars are.... On the RSX, the entire inside of the car, save for the seats, is molded fibreglass. As was the Alpine BMW, which had an amp rack where it's rear seats should have been. you can tell they molded the console of Project6 out of glass, so I'm assuming the rest of the car will be similarly detailed.

Personally, though, I'm waiting to see the paint job. The airbrushing has been one of the high points on every Head designed Alpine car, and I doubt this will be any different.

Check them out at www.audionutz.com

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Yeah - I remember the car they [alpine] used to debut the F1...I forget the car, but I do remember the install. The entire car was gutted and about 60% or so of the interior was redone custom. They don't mess around.

·
Registered
657 Posts

That was the BMW. I mean, the installs aren't practical (I'm big on that) but the work that goes into them is outstanding. I'm still deciding if I want to go down to this year's SBN in Daytona or not. I doubt my system will be ready by then, but I'd love to drive down anyways and have a good time like last year. Besides, Bob from Audionutz owes me a few lapdances at the strip club. :D Good times, good times....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts