Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a bluetooth adapter for my september 2005 mazda 6, and, as expected, when I pressed the CD button, it didn't work.
I went ahead, and soldered a jumper in the L716 location and still have the same result when I press the CD button: "NO DISC".
I can pair the adapter to my phone.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Can you go expand on your procedure to activate the Bluetooth adapter via the mazda HU. Step by step. Maybe you are forgetting something.

Which bluethooth adapter did you install?

Double check your solder connection.

(╭☞ ಠ ͜つ ಠ )╭☞ r=1+sinθ

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you go expand on your procedure to activate the Bluetooth adapter via the mazda HU. Step by step. Maybe you are forgetting something.

Which bluethooth adapter did you install?

Double check your solder connection.

(╭☞ ಠ ͜つ ಠ )╭☞ r=1+sinθ

-Connected the adapter do the socket behind the HU and tried the CD button ("NO DISC").
-Disassembled the radio to find the L716 location.
-Soldered the jumper, making sure I didn't shorted anything else.
-Assemble HU.
-I used the 12v socket to power the adapter.
-CD button again, and nothing...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Try this;

1- Enter the CD mode
2- Immediately press the CD Button again to put the HU into CD changer mode

*For step #2, sometimes you have to double tap the CD Button

(╭☞ ಠ ͜つ ಠ )╭☞ r=1+sinθ

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try this;

1- Enter the CD mode
2- Immediately press the CD Button again to put the HU into CD changer mode

*For step #2, sometimes you have to double tap the CD Button

(╭☞ ಠ ͜つ ಠ )╭☞ r=1+sinθ
video-1612709643.mp4 (I think I'm not doing anything wrong)

I noticed it is not beepping when I press the CD Button, the other ones do beep. (Don't know if it is supposed to)

Also, I'm pretty sure the connector behind the HU is all the way in.

·
Rally Racer
3,496 Posts

-Connected the adapter do the socket behind the HU and tried the CD button ("NO DISC").
-Disassembled the radio to find the L716 location.
-Soldered the jumper, making sure I didn't shorted anything else.
-Assemble HU.
-I used the 12v socket to power the adapter.
-CD button again, and nothing...
Hello. Generally the modification only needs to be done on the early 2004 cars and being you are in Portugal I would expect that a 2005 car is a US 2006 car.
Can you link the adapter you purchased?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello. Generally the modification only needs to be done on the early 2004 cars and being you are in Portugal I would expect that a 2005 car is a US 2006 car.
Can you link the adapter you purchased?
Here it is :)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
hmmm :oops:

Did the product manufacturer provide any instruction documentation?

The method I mentioned earlier does work with my HU unit. I have a 1st gen too. That's how I am able to turn on my external unit for USB, AUX, Bluetooth. I don't have the same adapter that you have but it should work the same way with how to get to Mazda HU to recognized it.

Try this;

Press the TAPE/MD button. Maybe they have it setup to work that way?

Also try;
1- Go into any other mode (ie, FM, AM,..etc doesn't matter)
2- Then, Press CD twice (x2)

Which connection plug does your Bluetooth adapter plug into on the back of the stock HU? Should be the CD changer port.

Did you try to get the Bluetooth adapter to work w/o the L716 jump mod? I assume it didn't work so that is why you when that route, yes?
Dr is correct with the 2004 model year. It seem that the L716 mod really only useful for 2004.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmmm :oops:

Did the product manufacturer provide any instruction documentation?

The method I mentioned earlier does work with my HU unit. I have a 1st gen too. That's how I am able to turn on my external unit for USB, AUX, Bluetooth. I don't have the same adapter that you have but it should work the same way with how to get to Mazda HU to recognized it.

Try this;

Press the TAPE/MD button. Maybe they have it setup to work that way?

Also try;
1- Go into any other mode (ie, FM, AM,..etc doesn't matter)
2- Then, Press CD twice (x2)

Which connection plug does your Bluetooth adapter plug into on the back of the stock HU? Should be the CD changer port.

Did you try to get the Bluetooth adapter to work w/o the L716 jump mod? I assume it didn't work so that is why you when that route, yes?
Dr is correct with the 2004 model year. It seem that the L716 mod really only useful for 2004.
There were no instructions provided, just de adapter in a bag :D

I already tried all the buttons and combinations possible :/

Yes, I plugged it to the cd changer port.

Also yes, I tried to use de adapter without the jumper first.

I think I can assume that my HU must have some kind of issue that makes the adapter not work. I cold not find any thread that mentioned the same problem as mine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My previous car was a Euro (I'm from the Netherlands and guess my car was the same as yours in portugal). 2005 Touring II model and I did this mod succesfully. So the year shouldn't be a problem. This should confirm this mod is perfectly possible in your car.

I watched your video and pressing those buttons indeed did work for me. Just out of curiosity - Could you try it with a CD in it? This probably has no effect but it's an easy thing to try. It doesn't really make sense but maybe its programmed to check the CD slot first before being able to load a 2nd one.

If you're sure your solder is good, I suspect the bluetooth unit is faulty. I'm no engineer but to me it seems your head unit thinks "Hey you're trying to access the CD changer, but theres nothing!". Which could be an indication of that unit (or its connector) is faulty. Also, what happens when you disconnect the BT unit and then press CD twice? Does it give you the same error?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts