Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone want some KYDEX like what tvk000 used for his map pocket mod? im getting ready to get some of a retailer and was wondering if anyone needed some for there projects... Its $13 for a 12x24 sheet.

just wondering... main reason is that they charge an extra $15 for "small orders" or anything under $50...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i havnt bought any yet... :) sooo

·
Registered
491 Posts
i wouldn't mind getting some myself...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
black... not to thick im guessing... tvk000 said that 1/8th was too thick... he also suggested 1/16. so 2 18"x36" sheets for me??? :)

thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well 24x48 is fine... just hope shipping isnt too high... :)

thanks for looking into it... :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Tell you what, if you can get me a template, I might be able to cut it out on the CNC router and vacuum form it into whatever shape you need. That way, it'll help justify us ordering some more.

You could also do it out of black ABS, which is much more cost effective. Or at least do all the prototyping in ABS, 'cause Kydex is so much more expensive.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you guys come up with some good templated molds to fit around a 7" lilliput that made it look stock, I would imagine there would be quite a market on here. I'd definitely be interested and I would imagine that since Dave and Lapis' project has been discontinued that others would be interested in getting a kit of sorts for installing into the map pocket. Hell, I'd be happy even if it was manual and wasn't automatic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts