Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Hey gang, hope everyone has been well. What a year, huh? Here are a few pics I snapped of the car back in February:

IMG_20180725_212538.jpg IMG_20180725_185941.jpg IMG_20180725_212659.jpg

Matt from Orangevirus did a great job on the tune. It was worth every penny and I would recommend it to anyone running the Skyactiv 2.5L engine. Everything was finalized in 5 sessions with quick email follow-ups. I also had my dealership install the OEM Remote Start at the beginning of last winter, which improved my quality of life in Minnesota significantly.

I plan on moving to Colorado in the spring. I was reading up on their vehicle laws, and found that it is illegal to modify the exhaust of a vehicle and make it louder. Unfortunately, I did that a few times. The original resonator and muffler I recycled, so I would need to replace my current set up with something close to stock. I love my setup, so I'm not sure I could handle the emotional toll of removing the sound from my 6 to dodge tickets. It has a few thousand in positive equity, so I have been mulling over trading in for the new model.

I test drove the 2021 6 Carbon last week, and that turbo is calling my name. The red leather seats are sweet as hell, and the black accenting looks great against the Machine Gray paint. I wish I could get it in Blue Crystal Mica (with a manual), but it still looks good in its own right. Downside is, still no AWD. I'm going to test drive a few other cars in the meantime, but they have to really impress to beat the 2.5T. On top of that, I could keep my wheels if I buy another 6. Gen 3 turbo 6 owners, how do you like your car? Any regrets?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Your last post in this thread was 2018! Glad to know you're still active and that you like how OVT works. I also got mine but I have the diesel. Fuel economy has improved and Dyno shows I got about 20 horses to pull me on my seats.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
The loaner i drove all last Dec was no slouch. Ignore the reviews, its a potent car, i just wish two things, smaller car and AWD. You can smoke the tires from a stop easily, if you drive with the manual mode you can easily keep it in the power band for foot smashing.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts