Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to pull the proverbial trigger on a set of Kosei K1 TS Silver Painted (light grey not available), 17x7 w/ 50mm offset AND Yokohama AVID V4S 225/50-17. I plan to run these year round in Michigan.

Not sure how bright the silver paint is; any opinions considering the medium gray liquid platinum?

Final comments or concerns would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith_MS6

For the record, the Rota Subzero Steel Grey Royal was my first choice. Can't get those in 48mm offset, at least not for a while. I considered the Falken Ziex, however the tread width is no wider than the OEM 215/45-18s.

I already looked at the member wheels.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No opinions?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Im runing w/ the Avid V4's. They are a pretty good OEM replacement tire and no Squeel. They are pricey though..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wiggum: I thought the bright silver paint would be brighter. Thanks for pic.

smokeU6s: Consumer reports rated the Avid V4s highly, as did many on tirerack.com. Must be a good tire. Through tirerack I can get both wheel and tire mounted and balanced.

I have a couple leads on the Rota subzero; the 7.5" width would be nice. I suspect those leads will fall through; just about the time tirerack runs out of the Kosei K1 TS.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Personally I think the Kosei K1 TS looks much better in 18". Can't comment on the tires though. All seasons are no use to me in Texas... :nana:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts