Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying these rims for my 6. http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/...nsid.gbm.xl.jpg

Konig Sideways 17x8. Anybody have these rims? What tire size would you recommend?

I was thinking about getting the 18s but I don't want to have to roll the fenders after I lower my car. I think the 17x8 will be perfect after the lowering springs are installed.

I was thinking 245/45R/17. I am new to tire sizes and I read a lot of info about what the numbers mean but I am having a hard time picturing how the different sizes will look on the rim.

I am looking for a skinny tire but not so skinny that I risk damaging the rims when I hit bumps at high speeds (65-85mph). I do a lot of highway driving and the roads are not the greatest.

Any insight on offset would be greatly appreciated too. Again I have read a lot of articles and i really like the article that has the picture explaining offset but I just don't get it...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Generally, you're good to go with wheels +48 offset and up... You don't have to get a 17" wheel if you don't want to rub.. Many have 18's and don't rub...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
anything below 250 on a 17 inch rim is smaller than what stock is. 245 would look good and give you no problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Hockyguy171
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing