Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a how to, for installing the koni yellows? How hard is it to perform this task? I heard something about the rears being hard is this true?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
As with all modifications on this car, there is a bit of a learning curve when installing the konis. It comes down to whether or not you (and hopefully a buddy) are willing to spend a whole weekend working on a modification in order to save $xxx. You will find out that the more you work on this car, the faster you get at swapping things.

Read through Stretch's how-to on installing shocks and coilovers as a start. For the fronts, there ARE good how-to's that explain the cut-a-strut modification. Just do a google search on 'koni installation'. Once you have those fronts konis in, it makes it so much easier to swap springs with a spring compressor.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Or sell your koni's to someone else and buy coilovers instead. :)
[/b]

Wish i could do that but...I'm a college student. So with somebody that never touched a suspension before is it realistic to do it by yourself. I know it will probably take an 8 hour day but Im willing to put in the time

·
Registered
810 Posts
travis. with the right tools you can do it. and depending on what tools it can be easy or hard. if you're confident with you ability to follow directions and work with the tools you have then you can do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
its rayden
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing