Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been 2 years that i whant to buy the Koni Yellow but did'nt cause i was afraid of the insert thing with OEM ...

I am riding on MS spring 6i sedan on my 6i hatch. My rear shocks got blown in october so i replace them with the OEM for now.

Since i got a really good deal on brand new Koni's, i ordered them over the Bilstein like i was suposed to get.

I just payed $536 CAN all taxes in with shiping from a store in Quebec :D

If there is anyone riding this setup, i would like to know how you like it!!

i'll get the koni install when the snow go, and write my overall review of the combo!!

Ciao

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody have this combo yet?

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I loved this set up on my V6. I started full stiff and ended about 2 turns down on the front from there with the rear still full stiff. Bumps will be a bit more jarring. But corners will become so much more manageable. You made an excellent choice, enjoy.

PS: Don't worry about cutting the OEMs its an easy process.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (USAF 6S @ Feb 14 2010, 02:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1636984
I loved this set up on my V6. I started full stiff and ended about 2 turns down on the front from there with the rear still full stiff. Bumps will be a bit more jarring. But corners will become so much more manageable. You made an excellent choice, enjoy.

PS: Don't worry about cutting the OEMs its an easy process.[/b]
Thanks USAF 6S!!

I was thinking getin them at the midle... But will try more stiff.

Is it a pita to adjust the rear (stiffness) when already installed?

And is it better to cut the bump-stop?

·
Registered
859 Posts
If you need the housing for the front shocks, let me know. Mine were shot and I've already replaced it with the Bilsteins. I was holding onto them just in case someone wanted them for the Koni yellows.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (ydrone @ Feb 16 2010, 11:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1637354
If you need the housing for the front shocks, let me know. Mine were shot and I've already replaced it with the Bilsteins. I was holding onto them just in case someone wanted them for the Koni yellows.[/b]
Thanks for the offer!!

I just send you a Pm :)

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
QUOTE (The_Capone @ Feb 15 2010, 06:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1637187
Thanks USAF 6S!!

I was thinking getin them at the midle... But will try more stiff.

Is it a pita to adjust the rear (stiffness) when already installed?

And is it better to cut the bump-stop?[/b]
The rears are a PITA to reset stiffness. You have to take them off again. I never had anyone in my back seats so the ride back there on every little bump wasn't a major issue. The mild harshness was well worth it for the cornering. Enjoy!

·
Registered
859 Posts
QUOTE (The_Capone @ Feb 17 2010, 10:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1637592
Thanks for the offer!!

I just send you a Pm :)[/b]
Yes, got the PM, will check into it. Basically you will use your own stock housing to cut and drill holes and whatnot ... my set (if it fits) will provide security in case something goes wrong and need a spare.

One question for the forum though - I have a 6s and you have a 6i. Anyone know if there is a difference in the front shock housing between the 2 models?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, Koni's are in place...

but my problem of rubing is still there... so it was'nt the shock... :(

Anyone got MS lowering spring and got a problem losing the stifness (like they shrink)?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts