Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read from past threads, the front adjustment range was either 2 1/4 turns or 3/4 turns. (http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=51137&st=15) For myself, I can only get 1 3/4 turns from both front shocks. I don't remember the parts number (will have to check when I get home). Haven't checked the rears either.

What kind of ranges are people getting? And if say they did change the adjustment range from 2 1/4 to 1 3/4 turns, then the 1/2 turn for me would be stiffer versus other people with wider adjustment range.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I do get around 2 1/4 turns from the fronts and IIRC my rears are 1 3/4.

Not sure why there are different numbers of turns floating around. I wonder if it's different valving, or if someone just put the turn stopper in a different spot.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My rears can go 2 full turns.

My fronts are 8041 1305Sport and the rears are 8040 1306Sport. Both are "D" Specials, if that means anything.

Well, no matter the range, I'm going have to adjust it to my liking.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
The amount of turns you get can vary slightly. Koni suggests you adjust your shocks by first setting them at FULL STIFF and then backing off from there. If the most one of your shocks will go is 1-3/4 turns off of full stiff, than that's what you should set both to, even if the other will do two full turns. You want the valving similar left and right. Front and back, the valving can be (and often should be) different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts