Mazda 6 Forums banner
301 - 320 of 356 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Take your time! And buy somw cheap stuff and practice doing curves and stuff and have a heatgun and maybe even a second set of hands!

And @mmceorange I never even thought about clear coating them!
I'll look into that!

Also my instagram is Kaml1993

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
sounds like a plan! i think that will be a summer thing for sure!
schools starting up next week so i will have no life till the 15th of may!
and my car will be neglected again :(

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #311 ·
See ya been busy, link me to where you go your eye lids and a how to on the audi leds on the bottom grill? ;) also the halo's in the headlights :p
Eyelids are really all the same!
Try and buy a plastic one cause those look decent unpainted!
And the lights in the lower grille are mercedes style and have since been replaced by actual fog lights, so if you want you can buy my lower bumper cutout with the actual lights already attached, all you'll have to do is wire them!
And halos I kinda just did it by myself with some pointers from @tank1707
Basically used a heatgun to pry the headlights open, take lense, bezel and base apart, paint bezel black (looks awesome!)
Mount halos, put it back together!
Really easy actually :p

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Eyelids are really all the same!
Try and buy a plastic one cause those look decent unpainted!
And the lights in the lower grille are mercedes style and have since been replaced by actual fog lights, so if you want you can buy my lower bumper cutout with the actual lights already attached, all you'll have to do is wire them!
And halos I kinda just did it by myself with some pointers from @tank1707
Basically used a heatgun to pry the headlights open, take lense, bezel and base apart, paint bezel black (looks awesome!)
Mount halos, put it back together!
Really easy actually :p

how much?

also heres that guide for the tb optimization

http://cordovamotorsports.com/docs/TB6optimize.html

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Looks WAY better tinted. And looks like you did a pretty good job too, man. Knowing they are already black inside, how much of a tint did you do? Have you checked the brightness of the LEDs in daylight? Just curious. I will eventually tint mine slightly too.
I'm not sure how many coats are on them but honestly they are bright. Without brakes depressed at night you can see the light reflecting off road signs behind you. If people get away with tinting stock tails he should be fine.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #319 ·
Looks WAY better tinted. And looks like you did a pretty good job too, man. Knowing they are already black inside, how much of a tint did you do? Have you checked the brightness of the LEDs in daylight? Just curious. I will eventually tint mine slightly too.
Thanks, they arw still pretty bright, but if you look at it in person they don't match up, the trunk pieces I did with some precut film, but since the precut wss for stock and afte market tails are more flush, I had to use vht to do the outside
They look decent but not perfect and its bugging me.
So I think imma sell em and get car LEDs!
And its two heavy coats on the outside pieces.
The inside pieces can't be done with vht unless you wanna go pitch black cause the chrome shines through and the vht looks green.

Btw o think the rear valance came out nice though!

301 - 320 of 356 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.