Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
If you want to take a look at my build thread in pictures I plasti dipped a bunch of my interior white. I I love how it came out.

Door handle guards, Window controls, gauge cluster hood, and speaker covers all plasti dipped

·
Registered
251 Posts
There is a screw underneath the rubber strip in the pocket. Unscrew that and then CAREFULLY pull the housing towards the car and upwards, gotta be carefully because of clips and control wiring.

Edit: I said carefully but you also need a decent amount of force. Once you feel it start to give that's when you have to be careful

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yepp that's the one, and once the housing is loose you can flip it over and unscrew the control buttons from the housing without having to unhook the wires. You will be left with just the housing, once painted just slip buttons back in and screw them back on, super easy.

·
Registered
251 Posts
On mine (2004) all the Window control housings had one screw in that pocket I described, under the strip of rubber or whatever you want to call it. As for the door handle housings there is a circle plastic Cap that you pop open directly behind the handle, in the center of the housing, pop it open ( I just used a paper clip) and it reveals a screw. Unscrew that then slide it over the handle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.