Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I bout this car I didn't even think about a build thread. I even bought an extended warranty! This thread is mainly personal and for me to document how I waste my money.

Updated Mod List

Interior
Corksport Interior LED Kit
James Barone Racing Solid Shifter Bushings
Exterior
Debadged
Morimoto 5500K HID with Relay
20% Tints
RHO License Plate Bracket
LED Reverse Lights
Engine
James Barone Racing Short Ram Intake
Orange Virus Tune - 93 Octane
Wheels/Suspension
BC Racing BR Type Coilovers
JBR Rear Sway Bar
Whiteline Adjustable Endlinks

ALL MODS DONE AFTER THIS INITIAL POST ARE POSTED AS REPLIES

I bought my 6 in October 2014 and whatever is in this op is what is on the car as of September 12th, 2015. It is a 2015 Mazda 6 Touring in Liquid Silver. I went as fully loaded as I can go and still get the manual transmission.

This is the day I bought my car.

Sometime during the next week I removed the "Mazda6" badge and the "SkyActiv" badge. Also I installed a Corksport Interior LED kit, License plate LEDs and 6000k HIDs from DDM Tuning.

^Left is HID and right is oem

Probably that next week I got 20% tints all around and installed an RHO license plate tow hook relocation bracket.

My girlfriend bought me Tanabe NF210 lowering springs as an anniversary present. (Now looking back, the car still had 4x4 stance lol but I was excited)

Spring came and I sold the springs, heh. I got a new job and made a lot of money within my first 2 weeks and spoiled the car. I bought a JBR short ram intake, BC Racing coilovers and sold the Tanabe lowering springs.

Installed LED reverse lights.

Got the Orange Virus tune. Last week (beginning of September, 2015) I was sent the last flash, according to Matt. I recieved 7 flashes, but the last 2 had a problem where my car wouldn't always register correctly how much throttle was being applied. So I'm currently flashes on my 5th flash, which I believe is the best one.

I got hit by a cyclist :( the car was fixed within two weeks, but the shop gave me a shitty lens :(

Installed JBR solid shifter bushings.

Most of these mods that I do and a shit ton of cinematic photography of my 6 end up on my Instagram. I usually follow back, especially if you own a Mazda, so feel free to follow me.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The side profile pic in the snow. Is that with the tanabe springs or the coilovers... Bout to get springs. Cant afford the coil overs today and trying to decide between tanabe or corksport. Running stock 19's like you

·
Registered
335 Posts
Did you feel a big difference in the JBR Shifter Bushings? Was thinking about these.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The side profile pic in the snow. Is that with the tanabe springs or the coilovers... Bout to get springs. Cant afford the coil overs today and trying to decide between tanabe or corksport. Running stock 19's like you
Sorry for the very late reply, I just noticed this. Yes, the snow picture is with the springs. If you care about getting the biggest drop for the price of springs, get the Corksports.

Did you feel a big difference in the JBR Shifter Bushings? Was thinking about these.
I felt absolutely nothing lol. But it'll probably be noticeable in over a decade when the oem bushings would've began to deteriorate.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was getting annoyed with the blue hue of the DDM kit and the passenger bulb began to flicker. I went big and order a Morimoto H11B 5500K with wiring harness HID kit. $156 shipped but I think it was worth it. I love the pure white and I feel like these are brighter than the DDM ones were.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts