Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I e-mailed kleenwheels before ordering a set for 2009 --- they gave me the same part number as the previous gen (made sure they knew 2009 and 2010 were different from earlier models). I test fitted them today and they're not the right size (too big) and the bolt pattern doesn't line up.

Additionally, their site says to buy two sets for rotation purposes, but these are also directional, so unless you have directional tires, you'd have to move them during rotation anyhow.

Too bad - they look good and seem like a good idea, but not very in touch with how customers (or their cars) work.

-Ernie

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
If it's that much an issue, just get low dusting brake pads. Brakes work by converting mechanical energy into heat and dissapating it. Those do not appear to help in that goal.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (Sacramento6 @ Feb 22 2010, 03:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1638694
If it's that much an issue, just get low dusting brake pads. Brakes work by converting mechanical energy into heat and dissapating it. Those do not appear to help in that goal.[/b]
The last set of low dust pads I used had a noticably longer stopping distance than even OE pads, so I just will live with it. Driving 500 miles a week, they were getting dark pretty frequently. I've never been a huge fan of open spoke designs, but for the cost of wheels, it doesn't bother me that much ;)

Once it stays above freezing here, I'll probably deep clean them and then polish and wax. Maybe I can find some HIGH dust pads to put on the back so at least they match :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts