Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This super car is perfect from all the angles out + check out unique conceptual technologies that will be marketed with this car from the hubless steering wheel , the Solo Space encapsulating driver pod / cockpit , to the exterior car's jagged ''emotional geometries'' with deep rear cutaways (weight save/aerodynamics) , aerodynamic sleek front with tunnel through them fenders exiting rearward , roof that slides completely backwards and then completely down to the floor .... a complete undercarriage floor pan with exiting rear venturies ... Carbon Fiber Wheels .... a Hybrid engine pushing 400hp to the rear wheels at 4.0 sec. and still economical like a 4 cyl. , and more I'm sold !!! Supra or not ; I'll baptize her albeit when I have the 50-60Ks .

Make sure you check the photo galleries (interior/exterior) ... and perhaps wallpaper them on your PC like I did ! Don't forget the video too with commentary on the Supra replacement that it's not according to the designer - but that everyone wants it to be called !

Enjoy !

click the pics and double click again these pics to full & jagged-edge-less size
http://www.motortrend.com/future/concept_c...702_toyota_fths

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?se...article_id=4440

http://www.caranddriver.com/autoshows/1225...ts-concept.html

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:) That's O.K. can't please everyone eh but I like the front , it's unique , bold and it flows ... from the side it is sharp .... mucho 10 folds better than the 350Z (the first drawings edged too closely to that though - thankfully it works and sizzles now) and BTW the Greenhouse more closely compares to the upcoming Nissan SkyLine GT-R ;) with its downward rear raking side glass .... as for Concepts to production they always change ; that's for sure ... albeit they do ever so little lately .... and to achieve a pointy bumper like this production-wise ; I'm not too sure how they will achieve this .... but doing it any other way would hurt big time the overall design !

It is a controversial look - either you love it - or can't look at it ; I like all of it ! :D

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Generally speaking, Toyota's not one to buck conservatism in its' designs though it likes to in its' concepts. This is WAY too far out there for anyone, let alone Toyota, for a production vehicle.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
350z with lines instead of curves. yawn.[/b]
We agree. My first thought was that it looked like a second-rate chainsaw carving of a 350z.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
the only thing missing is a Cylon.

looks like they crossed a 350z with one of this spacecraft from battlestar galactica.

·
Registered
947 Posts
350z with lines instead of curves. yawn.[/b]
x3

It surprised me how much I didn't like that car! The interior is kinda cool. It reminds me of a concept Saab made...

·
Registered
532 Posts
I kinda like it. It has its pros and cons, but if they ever make it to production, it will not look like this I can assure you. But nice lookin' concept in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Does that thing reflect radar? Looks like a F-117 humped a 350z.

·
Registered
426 Posts
nah... the problem with that design is simple. It's not pretty. It's aggressive, sure, but pretty it ain't. And it's too messy....

and no, it ain't gonna look anything like this when it comes out. Not a chance....

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Looks like a Celica on ROIDS!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
This is joke right?

I saw a concept somewhere on this site I believe and it looked nothing like that.

As far as this concept goes, I think that has got to be one of the ugliest cars I've seen in some time.
Plus you just know it's going to be in mid to upper 30's out of the starting gate.

Shame Toyota. Shame.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The exterior is quite racy, so to speak, but why the hell do engineers have to mess around with traditional interior features? I don't think any true sports car enthusiast wants some hubless steering wheel and a completely space-ship-like cockpit fully equipped with... yes, an automatic transmission, and two pedals that look like runways. The idea of a hybrid powerplant is fantastic, though. If Toyota can actually achieve such numbers with hybrid power, I'd say... go for it. I just don't like the interior at all, and I'm sure the exterior will be reworked somehow in order to appeal to mass-production.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pulled out the pic-shots for all to see at once and get a better feel for it - so let's get critical , critical mouhahaha

What fantastic angled edged lines with functional front-to-rear fenders & frt-to-rr quarter panel air traps - to let evacuate front gasoline-engined heat out & cool the rear electric one .
Ya this car don't need no body kit /spoiler/lip .... to flow - can't beat better aerodynamics than that ! This car will stick to the ground from front - to its underneath full flat floorpan - exiting a rear diffuser + C-Pillar air traps .... and what a wide / low ass stance to booth .... this car rocks all around / inside-out and those off-centered carbon fiber wheels :shocked: the interior is just like it should be like in your own pod - I BADLY WANT THIS CAR !!!!

What a face , eh ! It'll grow on ya ;)
But it's not only looks it has - it's a killer - 400hp / 4.zero 0-60mph / 4 cyl. economical /next generation steering shifter , etc .
Read the articles & view the video !

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think its allright. There are some angles i dont like especially on the front and rear bumpers. Also the flares or whatever they are by the headlights me no likey. overall I think its not too bad, but it looks like it has an ugly bodykit.
--Shadd

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Sorry, 6pack, just not feeling it. I prefer curves on a sports car vs. hard edges. If I was in the market for a sports car, the Porsche Cayman S is tough to beat. Killer looks and performance without killing your bank account. :drool:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts