Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got off from work last night at 6pm, and when I got to my car, I noticed a mark on the hood.. Upon closer inspection, someone KEYED it.. down to the metal. I'm almost 100% positive that it was some of the middle/high school aged kids that live in the neighborhood, but, obviously, I can't prove it.

Take a look at the pics. How should I go about fixing this crap up? As a temporary thing, I'm putting the touch-up paint on it, but I doubt it'll hold for long.

Very, very, very pissed. :swearin:

[attachmentid=16496][attachmentid=16495]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
You'll need to refill the body to level it out and apply a few layer of primer before painting. When it goes down to the metal, it's no longer as simple as touch-up.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
sorry to hear that, i hate people that f$%k with other peoples stuff. but ya if its down to the metal you will have to fill the scratch and repaint it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
How should I go about fixing this crap up? As a temporary thing, I'm putting the touch-up paint on it, but I doubt it'll hold for long[/b]
Hey man this happend to me to but it was a rock the 6 year old used!!!!!!!!!!!! But if the car was parked it sould be covered by your car or work insurace. Mine was coverd by my car insurance.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey man this happend to me to but it was a rock the 6 year old used!!!!!!!!!!!! But if the car was parked it sould be covered by your car or work insurace. Mine was coverd by my car insurance. [/b]
Wouldn't the insurance premiums jack up cuz of "vandals in the area"? I remember when we switched to Geico, they asked us if we ever had our cars vandalized. I'm probably talking outta my ass on this one lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wouldn't the insurance premiums jack up cuz of "vandals in the area"? I remember when we switched to Geico, they asked us if we ever had our cars vandalized. I'm probably talking outta my ass on this one lol
[/b]
I dont think so if it was legally parked. Mine didnt.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Fill it with what, though?
[/b]
take it to a professional body shop so they can repair it. to do it yourself would be to hard. the shop sill probably fill it with a little bondo then repaint the area and reclear the whole hood.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I never thought i would say this but don't wash it that much no one will key a dirty car. That is the truth
[/b]

Looking at the photo, the car looks dirty. Looks like what you said doesn't really work. Unless, it got keyed like last month or something.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking at the photo, the car looks dirty. Looks like what you said doesn't really work. Unless, it got keyed like last month or something. [/b]
The car was filthy at the time. It happened just when it stopped raining heavily. The car was still wet when I got to it, and there were a bunch of leaves and branches on the windshield.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Ouch. that sucks ass man. yeah, if I was you, I'd find out about getting it covered on insurance, as that is going to be a bit pricey at a shop if you are covering the fix yourself..

Thats the one thing I am always afraid of. Some asshole keying my car. because my alarm won't go off for that.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Fill it with what, though?
[/b]
The hood needs to be refinished if you ever want it to look as good as it did before the incident. This is a job for a properly equipped and experienced body shop, not something that be done successfully in your garage or driveway with spray cans and some glazing putty from auto zone.
Your insurance shoud be able to cover the vandalism.

Honestly, if you want it to look right, have it professionally repaired.

So, I told my dad about calling Geico, and he said he doesn't wanna do it cuz we have a $1,000 deductable, so, we'd still have to pay for it either way. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat... [/b]
are you sure vandalism falls under the deductible? check it out first, but if you have 1K its pointless. Refinishing the whole hood won't cost anywhere near that much.
Out of curiosity, why such an ungodly high deductable? It usually doesn't increase your premiums that much to lower the deductable to something more realistic. Of course I know nothing of how Geico does business, or what kinds of cars and driving records they're insuring.

I guess that little Gecko prick costs them a lot of money........

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,553 Posts
So, I told my dad about calling Geico, and he said he doesn't wanna do it cuz we have a $1,000 deductable, so, we'd still have to pay for it either way. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat...
[/b]
Double-check that, because this type of damage will fall under comprehensive, not collision. A $1000 deductible is about right for collision, but WAY TOO HIGH for comprehensive. My comprehensive (through GEICO) is $50 deductible with 100% glass coverage, and it's only a few $$$ more.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts