1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added this on my first Mobil 1 oil change
It was just over 25 bucks at Evasive Motorsports with shipping
The one listed for Mazda fits w/o issue
The part number is: 23296 (thread M14xP1.5)

Enjoy...

·
Registered
1,334 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought 2 of a similar item off eBay from carpartsgtr-hongkong for $5.50 plus $4 shipping each, six months ago. Here's another listing, in GBP:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Magnetic-Drain-Sump-Oi...5QQcmdZViewItem

Seems price has gone up a bit since I bought them.
[/b]
yeah, there are other options
I just don't like ebay for new auto parts. Ebay may be handy for some hard to find older stuff but new parts are rarely a bargain plus when the deal is too good to be true...it usually is
As a matter of fact, search for Kics on ebay and you'll pay the same with shipping as I did from Evasive Motosports

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
yeah, there are other options
I just don't like ebay for new auto parts. Ebay may be handy for some hard to find older stuff but new parts are rarely a bargain plus when the deal is too good to be true...it usually is
As a matter of fact, search for Kics on ebay and you'll pay the same with shipping as I did from Evasive Motosports
[/b]
No question that buyer beware is the number one rule. I have been very careful and buy from sellers with long histories and substantial feedback ratings. So far so good. Picked up a set of new hatch support struts for our other car, a '97 Probe GT, for $36 shipped. Installed them last week and they fit perfectly and work great. How long will they last? Don't know - I guess we'll find out. Quality of what was visible (chrome on shaft, finish of cartridge, etc) looked identical to stock. Price was 1/3 of what I could get them for locally thru Lordco (local high volume auto parts supplier), even with a trade discount.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Are magnetic drain plugs necessary or are they more for a peaceful state of mind?
[/b]
Peaceful state of mind. I've seen them catch very minute metalic parts but they're not my cup of tea. I went with this one because I like easy. :yesnod: Fumoto

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are magnetic drain plugs necessary or are they more for a peaceful state of mind?
[/b]
it certainly won't hurt anything and could potentially help.
all mods like this are normally "choices" not always something you desperately need

·
Registered
434 Posts
ummmm... i think maybe the drain plugs are magnetic so that when they drop into the oil drip pan, all you do is stick something metal in it and and itll stick to it so you can pull it out no?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts