Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister in law has a 2005 Kia spectra and wants to get some aftermarket stuff for it, but i really dont know what fits such as LED's , wheels, exterior lighting, etc....

does anyone know of a good Kia club like ours that has all the info we need such as what type of led's fit, what size offset for wheels works best etc....

i searched the internet but no good forums come up, maybe there is not one like ours???

i just dont want to tell her to get stuff thats not going to fit her car...

thanks

·
Registered
979 Posts
^^^ ditto unfortunatly they are not true tuner cars.... just rice runners

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
lol.......man I laughed hard. Tuned Kia LOL....

Well I will say this. Man of the free mods you can prolly pull off in the Kia. TB grinding, grounding out the engine, timing advance. Or even spend a few bucks and make your own intake I guess.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
or you can just go with some swaps...
swap the engine for a 6's
swap the tranny for a 6's
swap the body, frame, wheels, exhaust, intake, computer, interior, drive system and a bunch of other stuff for a 6's

tell her to bring her kia to a mazda or any other car dealer and ask for a conversion kit :p

·
Registered
979 Posts
The best mod??? Tell her to trade it in fir a 6

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
As a former Kia owner, I can tell you, there are no good forums. If she's looking for mods, check out StreetKiaz.com. Otherwise, every forum out there is a bunch of older owners just looking to figure out what that noise is, what is breaking, and talking about how "cool" their cheap little cars are.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Try stuff for the Hyundai Elantra. They are essentially similar.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My sister in law has a 2005 Kia spectra and wants to get some aftermarket stuff for it, but i really dont know what fits such as LED's , wheels, exterior lighting, etc....

does anyone know of a good Kia club like ours that has all the info we need such as what type of led's fit, what size offset for wheels works best etc....

i searched the internet but no good forums come up, maybe there is not one like ours???

i just dont want to tell her to get stuff thats not going to fit her car...

thanks
[/b]
I don't think there are really any Kia-specific LEDs (Aren't they pretty much universal). Also, I think your best bet for wheel options would be to check out a place like www.tirerack.com or maybe a wheel and tire shop. I'm sure they'd have all that info.

Tell you what... you can start at Pep Boys... they have fuzzy dice, racing seats, just about every piece of APC "performance equipment" you could ever want, steering wheel covers, windshield washer nozzles w/ LEDs, shift knobs (you don't have performance car until you have a performance shift knob), cigarette lighter kits, stereo systems, pretty pink anti-freeze, and anything else you could think of jamming into a KIA Spectra.

Don't forget the "Type R" badge.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't think there are really any Kia-specific LEDs (Aren't they pretty much universal). Also, I think your best bet for wheel options would be to check out a place like www.tirerack.com or maybe a wheel and tire shop. I'm sure they'd have all that info.

Tell you what... you can start at Pep Boys... they have fuzzy dice, racing seats, just about every piece of APC "performance equipment" you could ever want, steering wheel covers, windshield washer nozzles w/ LEDs, shift knobs (you don't have performance car until you have a performance shift knob), cigarette lighter kits, stereo systems, pretty pink anti-freeze, and anything else you could think of jamming into a KIA Spectra.

Don't forget the "Type R" badge.
[/b]
you are such a fucking loser, why dont you keep your useless comments to yourself....

:thefing:

·
Registered
979 Posts
don't forget the american Racing windshield banner and the dice valve covers.... Hehehe.. Hey I feel the pain I am a former Kia owner as well... Tho not too proud to admit it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
you are such a fucking loser, why dont you keep your useless comments to yourself....

:thefing:
[/b]
Come on! This wasn't even a shot at you! It was more of a shot at Pep Boys if anything. Grow a sense of humor.

If it makes you feel better, I'll apologize for nothing. I'm not taking back my Pep Boys comments though.

I did offer help with rim/tire issue. Just a little credit? Please?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
Smearbrick
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing