Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying Khumo 712 Ecsta Supra tires to replace the crappy stock ones ( can't stand them anymore ), I'd like to know if any of you have them on their 6 or had them on a previous car? I would like to get opinions before buying them ( handling, treadwear, road noise, etc ). A shop near my place has them on special at a very good price, so it's kind of tempting. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OEM size, 205/50R17. I was thinking about going a bit wider ( 215/50R17 ) but I think it would be asking for trouble since I have no intentions on having my fenders rolled.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
OEM size, 205/50R17. I was thinking about going a bit wider ( 215/50R17 ) but I think it would be asking for trouble since I have no intentions on having my fenders rolled.
[/b]
Im running 225/45/17s. If you are on stock tires, there is NO way you will rub with 215s. Heck, I would recommend even going wider and going with 225s.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
[/b]
OEM size is not 205/50R17. It is 215/50R17.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i had the 712's on the 626. i had eibach springs with tokico struts and had great tread wear on them. i like them alot good bang for the buck.

·
Registered
199 Posts
For the same price (at least for 225/45/17 at the TireRack - $81) get the Kumho SPT. The 712's were great in their day (5 or more years ago) but are aging quickly. I had 712's on an Integra 5 years ago and _hated_ them. Squealed if you even thought about turning. Lots of road noise. Put the MX's on and _loved_ them.

I have 225/45/17 SPT's on my 04 wagon (from the stock 215/50/17). Exceptional grip in the wet (see the Tire Rack comparison tests), nice ride and so far good wear.

Hope that helps!

Kevin M.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
spt's FTW.

the point at which found the limit of these tires was a looping offramp at 80. (top of third gear). with rear swaybar and springs. im not 100% comfortable pushing the limits of my car that hard yet for daily driving, but im thinking that to get the tires to start squealing you might hafta just take 90deg turns at 40. lol.

the sickness. confidence and stability in corners, no squealing of any type, at the limit they squeal just a bit, not super loud, but loud enough so you know your at the limit. and thats going damn fast and crazy.

water, they are much more capeable than the stock michelins. i dont drive agressivley in rain by habit, but ive noticed they grip better in braking than the stockers, and they DEFINATLEY grip better in accel.

they are not an all season tire but if your looking at those supras... buy these instead.

once heronew uploads all of my pics, im going to have a thread showin off all ive done to the car as of lately :) youll see um.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
... you might hafta just take 90deg turns at 40. lol.
[/b]
which I currently do everyday on my way back home from work.
It is fun
1. Pushing the pedal halfway and having the rear end slide out and get in line
2. the wobbly SUV who was following all this while on the tail, who did not brake since I did not and was too late to realize that his vehicle is not cut out for this trick!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
10 Participants
chikoo
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing