Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when I'm driving, the keyless entry alert beeps several times and the red key icon begins flashing on the dash for the duration of the drive. Then this morning, my wife (using a different key fob from mine) told me that the car would not let her unlock the doors or open the trunk from inside using the car-mounted switches.

It sounds like the car is maybe thinking that the key fob is no longer in the car. Has anyone encountered this issue?

This is a 2014 6.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sometimes when I'm driving, the keyless entry alert beeps several times and the red key icon begins flashing on the dash for the duration of the drive. Then this morning, my wife (using a different key fob from mine) told me that the car would not let her unlock the doors or open the trunk from inside using the car-mounted switches.

It sounds like the car is maybe thinking that the key fob is no longer in the car. Has anyone encountered this issue?

This is a 2014 6.
I haven't but I also replace my battery once every year or two when it starts to act up in other ways. Have you replaced the batteries? I also have a 2014 6.

·
Super Moderator
16,831 Posts
I'd say replace the battery as well. I haven't seen/heard this behavior before but it's definitely indicative of a dying electronic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts