Mazda 6 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Keyless Remote Entry'

I am going to try this tonight. I bought my car (5-dr) over the weekend and they gave me two remotes (the ones for the sedan) and I had two additional remotes (unprogrammed) that actualy come with the 5dr, and they are cuter and smaller. So, I will let you all know if worked for me.

Thanks Boston for the tip.

·
Registered
127 Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know that the instructions provided by Boston6 actualy work. I tried them last night and was able to program my new remotes.

Thanks again Boston6

·
Registered
127 Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know that the instructions provided by Boston6 actualy work. I tried them last night and was able to program my new remotes.

Thanks again Boston6:)

·
Registered
433 Posts

I bought two extra remotes for my sedan 6, and I programmed one of the remotes I bought, so I would have 3 remotes. Well, the new remote I programmed worked, but one of the orginal two remotes that came with the car was unprogrammed. So I thought you can only program a max of two remotes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I figured out how to do it. This works for the keyless entry but not for the immobilizer key. I haven't figured that out....YET!
Step 1: Open drivers door and leave open.
Step 2: Lock and unlock the drivers door using the power door lock switch on the door.
Step 3: Insert key into the ignition.
Step 4: Turn key to on position and return to off position. (IMPORTANT - use ON position NOT ACC position). Do this 3 times within 10 seconds. Leave key in the ignition.
Step 5: Open and close the drivers door 3 times. (Door should be left open after this step).
Step 6: ECU should respond by locking and unlocking the doors.
Step 7: Press any button on remote #1. ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors.
Step 8: Press any button on remote #2 (etc.) Each time the ECU will respond by locking & unlocking the doors.
Step 9: Remove the key from the ignition and the ECU will respond a final time with a series of door locks and unlocks. You're done!
[/b]

Recently my remote quit. I noticed it would only work the closer I got to the car, then finally it gave out completely. I put a new battery in, but it still didn't work. then i came across these instructions for reprogramming. I followed them, and the car responded just like Boston said it would. But the remote is still not working? any ideas guys? I have seen remotes for sell on EBAY, but will a new remote fix the problem?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Recently my remote quit. I noticed it would only work the closer I got to the car, then finally it gave out completely. I put a new battery in, but it still didn't work. then i came across these instructions for reprogramming. I followed them, and the car responded just like Boston said it would. But the remote is still not working? any ideas guys? I have seen remotes for sell on EBAY, but will a new remote fix the problem?
[/b]
Im having the exact same problem. My remote story is exactly the same. I get the ECU lock and unlock after the 3 series of door closings, but nothing when I try to press a key on the remote, and then another set of lock and unlocks after taking the key out.

Junkie

G

·
Im having the exact same problem. My remote story is exactly the same. I get the ECU lock and unlock after the 3 series of door closings, but nothing when I try to press a key on the remote, and then another set of lock and unlocks after taking the key out.

Junkie
[/b]

I am having the same problem also. What was the outcome for you guys?

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
His instructions actually came straight out of the shop manual for the 2003 mazda 6 service highlights book.
On the keys,the 6's are completely different than the tributes which are using the ford transponder keys.

·
Registered
488 Posts
this is an old thread but id like to say thanks to BOSTON6 for the how to step on how to do this... just save me $40

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok so, if I resume, Boston6's instruction set works on 2003 M6s but not on other years.

Did anyone tried it on its 2004? Thing is, me and my wife have bought a used 2004 that had no second keyless remote. So we searched and planned on buying one off eBay; we found a few that matched perfectly the set of serials we have in the back of the remote we already possess. As we are about to buy it and try it out with Boston6's guide, we kinda need to have a confirmation from someone who has a 2004.

I am also asking about it because I noticed how most Mazda parts and concepts were kinda slashed into 2003-2004 and 2005-2006-2007. So I figured the instructions might work on my 2004 if it did on 2003s...

Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok so, if I resume, Boston6's instruction set works on 2003 M6s but not on other years.

Did anyone tried it on its 2004? Thing is, me and my wife have bought a used 2004 that had no second keyless remote. So we searched and planned on buying one off eBay; we found a few that matched perfectly the set of serials we have in the back of the remote we already possess. As we are about to buy it and try it out with Boston6's guide, we kinda need to have a confirmation from someone who has a 2004.

I am also asking about it because I noticed how most Mazda parts and concepts were kinda slashed into 2003-2004 and 2005-2006-2007. So I figured the instructions might work on my 2004 if it did on 2003s...

Any feedback is appreciated.[/b]
Did you get your ebay remote to work on your mazda 6? What were the numbers on the back of the remote? I too, bought a used 2004 Mazda 6 and the remote hasn"t worked yet. Signal strength was verified by a Mazda parts department.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My key just stopped working
Well the keyfob, the key itself works but I cant unlock/lock with the remote.

These instructions did not work, the ECU did the door lock/unlock thing, but the keyfob didnt do anything. The instructions call for "keyfob 1 and 2" well I only have one.

Changed the battery already.

Looks like I'll have ot goto the dealer.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
My key just stopped working
Well the keyfob, the key itself works but I cant unlock/lock with the remote.

These instructions did not work, the ECU did the door lock/unlock thing, but the keyfob didnt do anything. The instructions call for "keyfob 1 and 2" well I only have one.

Changed the battery already.

Looks like I'll have ot goto the dealer.[/b]
Make sure the hood and trunk are closed first. It's a dumb mistake, but I know we have ALL made it at least once! (2 or 3 for me!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd be interested to know if it's possible to have two cars respond to the same key fob.

As I understand it, the fob is not programmable, rather you are programming the car to accept the code transmitted as authorised.

I'd also like to know what is meant by Power door lock switch... do you mean the bit on the inside door handle on the door, or is this a US feature not available on the UK range?

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
I figured out how to do it. This works for the keyless entry but not for the immobilizer key. I haven't figured that out....YET!

Step 1: Open drivers door and leave open.

Step 2: Lock and unlock the drivers door using the power door lock switch on the door.

Step 3: Insert key into the ignition.

Step 4: Turn key to on position and return to off position. (IMPORTANT - use ON position NOT ACC position). Do this 3 times within 10 seconds. Leave key in the ignition.

Step 5: Open and close the drivers door 3 times. (Door should be left open after this step).

Step 6: ECU should respond by locking and unlocking the doors.

Step 7: Press any button on remote #1. ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors.

Step 8: Press any button on remote #2 (etc.) Each time the ECU will respond by locking & unlocking the doors.

Step 9: Remove the key from the ignition and the ECU will respond a final time with a series of door locks and unlocks. You're done![/b]
This should be a Sticky

·
Registered
7 Posts
This should be a Sticky[/b]
Regular luker here...

I am having the remote issue too. 2006 Mazda6 (S GT) and both my remotes (Visteon 41525) died. I put new batteries in and have followed the instructions to a tee, but just becuase I know that to receive help, I should detail what I've done, and where I think the issue is.

1) All doors, truck, hood closed
2) open drivers door, Lock, Unlock with door button
3) insert key into ignition. Turn from "OFF" to "ON" (not "ACC") 3 times within 10 seconds
4) push the door open button three times
5) car responded with "lock - unlock"
6) Push any button on the remote TWICE
****This is where is goes bad for me****
The car doesn't respond in anyway after pressing a button twice. I've tried to program 1 remote, 2 remotes and 3 remotes (1 twice), but the car never responds. when I take the key out of the ignition the car DOES respond with 3 lock/unlocks.

Any other throughts out there? The last time I went to a Mazda dealership I ended up trading in my RX8 for this Mazda6.

Thanks

Drew

21 - 40 of 72 Posts